Nissan Titan Forum banner
921 - 922 of 922 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
SWB Crew Cab, Big tow package, Defiant drop light bar, KC 130 watt driving lights, Toyo AT2 LT, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Volant style LED tail lights, air box mod, cloth bench seats, sliding bed extender, bed divider, Reese Pilot brake controller, N-Fabs, AVS in channel vent visors, bedlined cowl, Stampede bug deflector, Royal Purple fluids in the diffs, Legit LED's, Cajun axle vent kit, Old fart rear bumper step. Firestone Ride Rite air bags. Clear coat actually peeled off in big sheets from the hood and roof after a hard rain. I always kept my truck clean and waxed. Nissan said they weren't gonna do squat about helping me repaint. Assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fu:

2013 Coachmen Catalina Santara Series 252RLS camper, 08 EZGO RXV, "Cartzilla", to terrorize the campground! :)

Looks real nice doesn't it? I kept this truck spotless, waxed, sealed, everything. A hard rain did this to the clear coat. It's bullshit.

attachmentid=524923&stc=1&d=1558544291

Unfreekinreal! I've already noticed little spots that look like rock chips on the front of my hood, dealer told me they're rock chips, too...trouble is, I've never driven this thing on a gravel road! I know, as do they, those paint chips are caused by painting an aluminum hood using the same products/procedures they use for steel. And of course, steel and aluminum have different adhesion properties as well as expansion/contraction rates as related to temperature. I've read about my same paint problem with these trucks in earlier years so looks Nissan and I will be having pissing contests over a couple of issues! Hopefully they've spent all their lawyer money on the bankruptcy! Your clearcoat problem has to be bad product/improper product or surface prep, contaminant, or temperature related... what else is there? Good luck!

921 - 922 of 922 Posts