Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that both of my UCA's are leaking grease. It's coming out of the ball joint where the UCA is connected to the spindle top. Is the ball joint serviceable or do i need to replace the UCA? What would cause this? I'm about to hit 80k and not sure if this normal wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
If you don't want to spend heavy money on PRG UCAs (although they are very nice), you might check out Rough Country UCAs. Somebody posted that if you contact them, they will sell the UCAs separate from their kit, for about $60 each. I think they may use greasable ball joints and perhaps also replaceable bushings. Rock Auto has a few different brands of aftermarket UCAs also, although I am not aware of any reviews of them.

NEW Rough Country 3" Leveling Kit - Page 4 - Nissan Titan Forum: Club Titan Forums

·
Premium Member
21,727 Posts
You may also be able to buy OEM UCA's from members that installed aftermarket UCA's. I would have listed mine for sale but I ripped the grease boot on the driver side.

·
Registered
496 Posts
You can replace the ball joint, moog makes them. It's a fairly simple task.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The problem with replacing the ball joint is that you may still have worn out bushings.
I agree. At 80k miles it is probably worth just getting all new uca's if you can afford it. The bushings are gonna go eventually and you may as well just do it now. The ball joint itself can be replaced for cheap but IMO its much easier to just swap out the whole control arm with just a bolt on rather than messing with one of those crappy at home ball joint presses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the helpful info! I'm going to post a WTB for an OEM also look into the RC UCA and Movetech on eBay.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine have been leaking for a while now , but haven't noticed any ride issues . Am i causing damage to anything by not replacing them?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its definatly something to keep an eye on. Theres just minor leaking and squeaking but if its getting bad like the guys on here say just replace it all if you have the funds bc i personally dont want to roll those dice...

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I don't have any leaking... but put about a 1/2" tear in one of mine. I use a needle tip on my grease gun to keep it filled with grease. Thats what I would recommend doing. Just pump some in there and u will be fine.

Reactions: 20TITAN04
1 - 11 of 11 Posts