Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I have a Rough Country 3/1 kit with their UCAs. I mounted Bilstein 5100s front adjustable struts last Monday at the 2 level setting with the spacer still mounted. I had my Titan aligned on Tuesday and then on Thursday an annoying squeak at the UCA began. greasing the joints has not alleviated the problem. I thought it might be a bushing problem in the UCA but am not sure. I know some people have performed this lift combo on the forum. I would love to take care of this problem without occuring a large shop bill to fix.

Please Help! Thank you,

Colin Bunn

·
Registered
795 Posts
probably the 5100's squeeking. they are known for that if everything is not put on in th exact order

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
sell those and buy PRG.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I bet its the bilsteins. the hardware is probably not in the right way. me and rollinpresidential have done this. I did it wrong the first time and it squeaked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you fixed the problem, what steps did you take to stop the squeak? Was there something loose that needed to be tighten? I would like to fix myself. I would also not like to buy $600 UCA. Thanks for any feed back!

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Since you fixed the problem, what steps did you take to stop the squeak? Was there something loose that needed to be tighten? I would like to fix myself. I would also not like to buy $600 UCA. Thanks for any feed back!
Check out this awesome drawing.....

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot for the research. Hopefully this will help me out! Just do not have tools to do this work myself immediately.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did it work? I'm having the same/similar issue... Put the Bilsteins on and now I get an annoying squeak in the front end...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had my Bilsteins on for about 2 months, and the squeaking just started about a week ago. I was hoping I was lucky enough to avoid running into this issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts