Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Uprev with Osiris and am really amazed at the difference. However I am in a huge need of the trutrac posi. I have wheel spin until 40-45mph, which is cool :) but now I am ready to hook up.
All I have is the Volant Intake (w/ram air) and flowmaster exhaust and the UPREV. You guys that have similar as well the trutrac, do you still have much wheel spin on the take off... Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't know about the Trutrac but I wanted to just come in here and say congrats! (which really means I hate you and am jealous of your new toy. :D)

·
Registered
754 Posts
SweetRide#111 said:
I installed my Uprev with Osiris and am really amazed at the difference. However I am in a huge need of the trutrac posi. I have wheel spin until 40-45mph, which is cool :) but now I am ready to hook up.
All I have is the Volant Intake (w/ram air) and flowmaster exhaust and the UPREV. You guys that have similar as well the trutrac, do you still have much wheel spin on the take off... Thanks in advance...
If you think itll keep you from spining then think about it again lol. It helps alot but it you hit it from a stop youll still spin pretty good.
I was spinning to about 40-45 before trutrac like you said you were and now I spin till 25-30 with truetrac
but you dont have to worry about taking off super slow all the time. Trutrac is awsome

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
So the gains are so much with uprev that now your've got wheel spin at 40mph?! Holy cow! I looked at the uprev site a while back and they didn't have anything for the 08 yet. It also didn't look like the hp/torque gains were that huge to put that much power to the pavement.

Beside the hp/torque gains are there any other changes to the ECU that they make? Do they kill VCD/ABLS at all?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
anmut said:
So the gains are so much with uprev that now your've got wheel spin at 40mph?! Holy cow! I looked at the uprev site a while back and they didn't have anything for the 08 yet. It also didn't look like the hp/torque gains were that huge to put that much power to the pavement.

Beside the hp/torque gains are there any other changes to the ECU that they make? Do they kill VCD/ABLS at all?
No speed limiter, WOT from 0mph(thats the biggie).

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Ahh - there you go! WOT from the line would be AWESOME.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anmut said:

Trutrac it is... ANMUT - I read many post before I purchase the UPREV, even PM'd several guys with it and they told me wheel spin until 40 (I though YEAH RIGHT). They were right. All I have is intake and exhaust with now the UPREV. I have 2:93 gearing, It spins through first and into second a little. This is with the CD from UPREV and I have even sent my computer logs back for adjustments.

GUYS, I CANT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES...:)

·
Registered
754 Posts
SweetRide#111 said:
Trutrac it is... ANMUT - I read many post before I purchase the UPREV, even PM'd several guys with it and they told me wheel spin until 40 (I though YEAH RIGHT). They were right. All I have is intake and exhaust with now the UPREV. I have 2:93 gearing, It spins through first and into second a little. This is with the CD from UPREV and I have even sent my computer logs back for adjustments.

GUYS, I CANT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES...:)
Even with truetrac i spin till 25-30. so you can look forward to still spinning your tires :gunz:

·
Registered
754 Posts
nyc07_king.titan said:
not to sound dumb.. but what is WOT?? THANKS:boxing:
Wide Open Throttle. im not 100% but just from being around motocross for many years it makes sence to me to be that lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
good info but You guys suck! I am starting to save for TT and uprev now. I just took $200 and put it into the tt/uprev fund. If you want to add let me know! I got to get out of this place because threads like this cost me hundreds of $$$

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4wheelpeel said:
good info but You guys suck! I am starting to save for TT and uprev now. I just took $200 and put it into the tt/uprev fund. If you want to add let me know! I got to get out of this place because threads like this cost me hundreds of $$$

I feel that it will be the best money ever spent. I have the UPREV and am yet to get the Truetrac, $700 is a lot, but the UPREV is MORE than worth it!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
SweetRide#111 said:
I feel that it will be the best money ever spent. I have the UPREV and am yet to get the Truetrac, $700 is a lot, but the UPREV is MORE than worth it!!!
I just want to get them at the same time! It would be so much fun!! I can see the smoke now!!!! lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4wheelpeel said:
I just want to get them at the same time! It would be so much fun!! I can see the smoke now!!!! lol

I couldn't afford both at the same time. Several told me to do the UPREV first if anything, and I would agree now. I am saveing for the TT and by the other post about it I will love it to.
Man, you need to hurry and save, the UPREV is awesome!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
nyc07_king.titan said:
not to sound dumb.. but what is WOT?? THANKS:boxing:
lol I thought about that for the longest time too until it just kinda hit one night while i was on TT

Ohh and I can't wait till uprev comes out with the tune for the 08:gunz:

·
Registered
602 Posts
ya I really want the uprev and the tt. but damn alot of money. being saving but damn I keep buying stuff. I should probably sell my cap on mine to come up with some. lol

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
20TexasTitan08 said:
lol I thought about that for the longest time too until it just kinda hit one night while i was on TT

Ohh and I can't wait till uprev comes out with the tune for the 08:gunz:
Yep - I emailed them and they got back to me saying that they don't have a tun for the 08 and don't have any ETA for it either.. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
anmut said:
Yep - I emailed them and they got back to me saying that they don't have a tun for the 08 and don't have any ETA for it either.. :(
d'oh! :crying:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts