Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think since I race my truck? Also if I say 93 track tune, would it be much different than a 93 performance tune? same for 87 tune? I'm just thinking he might run my afr's in the 12.9-13.2 range if I say track. Leaner is meaner you know:teethmast

1. 93 Track tune
2. 93 Performance tune
3. 87 Track tune
4. 87 Performance tune
5. Stock tune

Not going to get a fuel saver tune, I'll just run the 87 performance and stay off the gas:) RIGGHHHHHHHHT. LOL

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
What do you think since I race my truck? Also if I say 93 track tune, would it be much different than a 93 performance tune? same for 87 tune? I'm just thinking he might run my afr's in the 12.9-13.2 range if I say track. Leaner is meaner you know:teethmast

1. 93 Track tune
2. 93 Performance tune
3. 87 Track tune
4. 87 Performance tune
5. Stock tune

Not going to get a fuel saver tune, I'll just run the 87 performance and stay off the gas:) RIGGHHHHHHHHT. LOL
I completely agree with your tuning choices.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
If your going to do as much racing as you do, i would go with Up/Rev! Your going to get way more useful data from your truck using Cipher!

Mine is set up similar to this:

Map1: stock
Map2: 87oct.
Map3: 91oct.
Map4: 93oct.
Map5: valet

I run my 93oct map pretty much all the time though. I have only used the other map's a couple times. My 93oct. & 91oct. map's are almost identical except my 93oct map has more timing. So, my 87oct. map would be my economy map. My 91oct. map my street map & my 93oct. map my track map, but like i said i use my 93oct. map all the time. :)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had stock, anti-theft, 93 tune with WOT at 10MPH, 87 performance, and 93 track tune. It never left my 93 track tune
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to do exactly what I posted in the first one. It will never leave my track maps I'm sure, unless I'm on the hwy going somewhere over 100 miles:)

? for you guys, I have about $350 on my debit to use and I want to pay the remaining on my credit card. Is this possible if I call them Monday?

·
Registered
419 Posts
The anti-theft tune is almost a must these days with so much invested in your ride........a quick flip of buttons at any venue and your truck is almost guaranteed to be there when you come out to leave. Truck wont rev over a grand and spd limited to <1 mph. It's better than any alarm you can install.......your stuff may be gone out of it but at least you know your truck will still be there to take you home...lol

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The anti-theft tune is almost a must these days with so much invested in your ride........a quick flip of buttons at any venue and your truck is almost guaranteed to be there when you come out to leave. Truck wont rev over a grand and spd limited to <1 mph. It's better than any alarm you can install.......your stuff may be gone out of it but at least you know your truck will still be there to take you home...lol
Very good point.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
The burnout mod also doubles as a theft detourant also. With it enabled no one can take your Titan out of Park, so hide your switches good. :)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The burnout mod also doubles as a theft detourant also. With it enabled no one can take your Titan out of Park, so hide your switches good. :)
Really? I didn't know that. You mean if they hot wire my truck it wont come out of park?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Really? I didn't know that. You mean if they hot wire my truck it wont come out of park?
Yea, that's what i love about it! When ever i park my T i usually flip the switch & if you find it real well no one will ever be able to take your Titan.

Oh don;t worry, even if your on the highway going over 100 miles, you'll still leave it in the track tune. You'll remmeber, that Hemi's and Tundra's can try you at any time, so even on the highway, you must be prepared
LOL Yep, driving on the interstate was never so much fun! Except i left my DR's on after i raced Wed. night, didn't really need to do that much driving till Sat morning. On the interstate i was cruising @ 2K rpms, just watching my gas gauge go down. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts