Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my BDGT and getting uprev or getting a 07 IM. HMMMMMM

My afr's right now are 11.8 to about 12.4 or so depending on the day it seems. Which would benefit me more, a 07 IM or uprev to get my AFR's into the 12.7-12.9 range. I'm thinking Uprev and then the 07 IM so I can tune it with it. Is uprev the only place to buy it? Anyone know anybody selling uprev? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey Deerslayer, you will have to tune with the 07' IM, so in my opinion, I would get upRev first, and then the 07' IM second. This way you are ready to tune with every new part added.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey also, what system requirements are there for having a laptop to data log, ect.? My mother in law has a laptop but I'm not sure if it meets the requirements.

And another question, when I data log for them do I do it in on the stock tune map or does it matter?

Update: Correct me if I'm wrong, I do about 3 or 4 0-60's in each map for them?

·
Registered
266 Posts
It does not matter what map you are in because Jared should be able to correct everything and create you your tunes for each map. However, doing 3 runs from 0-60 in each map (aside from valet) can't hurt. Any new laptop will be fine as far as system requirements go. I first bought UpRev when Windows Vista first came out, and my cable did not work when I used it on my new Windows 7 laptop.... All I had to do was download the new software on UpRevs website and it works beautifully now. No worries. Your 2006 will have 5 maps, so decide on what you want and go from there. You will receive the cable and cd from UpRev, upload it to your computer, then use it to retrieve your ECU part number and whatever else he asks for, send it back and he will send you a base tune. From there you will do your logs (ensure you do not do a performance log) choose the 20+ parameters listed here somewhere to log and send that data back to Jared. Once he emails you back your 1st tune, walla your tuned. Every new performance part you add (except Transgo and Truetrac) you will tune again.

Hope it helps man.

Reactions: deerslayer

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Im sorry but whats the 07 IM?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Im sorry but whats the 07 IM?
2007 Intake Manifold.

Slayer, Uprev... Do the intake later..

Also, I'm not sure who started it but when datalogging with Uprev, you run 6 to 7 0mph-60mph runs on your highest map (93 tune if you have 93 octane). It will take 5 to6 runs alone on that single map for you ECU to learn the new tune. Jared can set each map based on those datalog runs

You also have to clear your fuel settings prior datalogging. All this can be done in Cipher.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
RBs Titan always told me to run a tank of gas (or at least 100 miles) of spirited driving before doing my data logs with new tunes. You can also clear the learned fuel curves. I'd go with Uprev, I didn't notice much with the intake manifold, but Uprev is a very versatile tool, that you need for any other power mod you will add. Plus its more expensive, I always wanted to get the expensive done first so I can sit back and relax a little

1 - 8 of 8 Posts