Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done some light research on the fourms but still a little unclear with all the responses ive seen. Long story short i now have gutted cats and have been babying my t as i am scared of afrs being outta wack. My cortex shows me 02 stats but im am somewhat unclear of them because i wont do a WOT run. Someone posted on a thread that gutting there cats didnt change there afrs at all. My question is due i need uprev now to be safe or can i get away with a different tuner and still run tunes and be safe?

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Did you guy the secondary or primary cats? If you gutted just the secondaries no tune is needed. Uprev is the only tuner that can adjust AFR's the SC, BDGT and Hypertech can not do it. If your planning on headers down the road sell the SC and get Uprev.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Uprev. I'll be dumping my BDGT as soon as I have the cash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have neither of the cats. Drivers side cat fell out (literally) when i was installing the manifolds. i hooked my sc up tonight and went on the data logging and selected bank 1 and 2 sensor trim % and they were all over. From 0.00 to 20.00. At 60 mph roughly 1500 rpms bank 1 was anywhere from 9-11.5 and bank 2 was 14-17. I assume those a relative to my afrs?? Seymore if i bought a uprev cable is it possible to only get like 2 tunes? or do i need to buy the $250 package from uprev? thanks for your help guys.

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts
You can have only 1 tune if you want. Multiple tunes is just an option, you don't have to have them. With a 2004 model you can have up to 3. You would need to purchase the whole tune kit (PM me), the $250 deal from Uprev is just etuning for someone who already has a cable & license.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What they said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts