Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on a lot of guys signatures that have Uprev they also have listed that they have the 2* timing advance. Doesn't the Uprev tune depending on the tune raise the timing or do most of you guys do it with cipher. Please clue me in on this. I know I can raise it but I thought it's pointless with Uprev?

·
Registered
195 Posts
They all lost there timing advance and some dont know and the rest havent changed there sig...

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They all lost there timing advance and some dont know and the rest havent changed there sig...
I figured, but it is an option within cipher. My timing maxes out at 33 or 34 anyways so I'm good to go. Dont really want it any higher than that I dont guess. What does yours max out at? I think I remember Sudden saying that 33-35 is good.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Cipher will only allow 2degree advance, no more. You can raise it by 3 or even 4 but Cipher will set it to 2degree regardless. Only apply timing advance on Nissan vehicles that do not have an Uprev tune.

Uprev tunes already have the timing advance within it.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
FWIW, I once tried to advance the timing on a Superchips 87 tune using Cipher. It didn't work. :teethmast

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I noticed on a lot of guys signatures that have Uprev they also have listed that they have the 2* timing advance. Doesn't the Uprev tune depending on the tune raise the timing or do most of you guys do it with cipher. Please clue me in on this. I know I can raise it but I thought it's pointless with Uprev?
I'm almost positive you can advance your timing two degrees on all the Uprev tunes, but a new timing curve is already built into each Uprev tune. Uprev's philosophy is similar to Superchips, but Uprev and BD still allow it. If you already had the two degree advance installed prior to Uprev, I'm pretty sure it will automatically be transferred to your new Uprev tunes. Only Superchips automatically removes the timing advance when downloading any of their tunes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can advance the timing, but making power with the advance will depend on a number of things. Weather conditions, motor conditions, gas quality. The ECU will pull timing if it has to. Depending on how aggressive it is in pulling timing, you could actually lose power with the timing advance.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You can advance the timing, but making power with the advance will depend on a number of things. Weather conditions, motor conditions, gas quality. The ECU will pull timing if it has to. Depending on how aggressive it is in pulling timing, you could actually lose power with the timing advance.
^^^^^agree^^^^^

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I max at 34 our 35 so I'm good, I was just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts