Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you w/uprev, does it raise the top speed limiter. jared at uprev says it does but kyle/stillen says it doesn't as far as the trucks he's dealt with. could i get some feed back on this from some of you who know FOR SURE by experience. my uprev came 4 days ago but jared is still trying to get it to recognize my trucks ECM. needless to say, still not working...anyway, please let me know... tks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
PAPARYNO said:
for those of you w/uprev, does it raise the top speed limiter. jared at uprev says it does but kyle/stillen says it doesn't as far as the trucks he's dealt with. could i get some feed back on this from some of you who know FOR SURE by experience. my uprev came 4 days ago but jared is still trying to get it to recognize my trucks ECM. needless to say, still not working...anyway, please let me know... tks

UpRev can set your speedo higher than the truck can go.....I've done more than 170mph on the dyno in 4th gear.....and more than 125mph on the street with my ol' UpRev tuned Titan...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i thought(and hoped). guess i'll find out soon if jared gets the bugs worked out.. how ya favorin your new ride markislive78

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice interiors... i know that.. very good ride
What she toppin out at?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DF6_Titan said:
Well it works for me Ive been a little above 125 and the truck still felt pretty good at that speed :D
what was your top speed previously... @116??

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
PAPARYNO said:
what was your top speed previously... @116??
ya right around there. Jarod set mine @ 300 just for kicks lol. Only reason you really need the limiter raised is if you use shorter drag radials @ the track. You will hit 115 o the speedo before the end of the track even though in reality you are going 90-95.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DF6_Titan said:
Well it works for me Ive been a little above 125 and the truck still felt pretty good at that speed :D
was it topped at 125 or did it feel like it had any more

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had mine set at 170 or so. I have got my truck to 130 a few times. It rides comfortably at 130 no doubt. Please no lecture at why I should not do 130! Anyways I would like to know what it would do with the new cams installed? Chris?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
PAPARYNO said:
nice interiors... i know that.. very good ride
What she toppin out at?

I haven't had the balls or the need to top her out, I have the speed limiter maxed out, I think like 318mph...LOL! The needle runs out of guage at 120mph or right were she she shifts into 5th....she is still pulling pretty darn good! acceleration from 70 mph to 120 goes by very fast for a big truck..I expect to trap over 98mph in the 1/4 in a few weeks when we all go race in Houston. I already put down 350rwHp on the dyno, with intake and my own personal tune..my exhaust will be here this week! I really have no idea what she will do top speed wise....I guess I would need a GPS for that, I try to stay away from those speeds in such a big truck,.....who knows one day I might feel froggy...

Here is a dyno comparing my old Titan which still hold the fastest NA times... I have this truck shifting around 6,000rpm and falling to around 4,100 after the shift...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice dyno #'s. what was she before the few upgrades?? much different?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
PAPARYNO said:
nice dyno #'s. what was she before the few upgrades?? much different?

I never dyno'ed stock....I have seen a 2wd Escalade dyno stock @ 324rwHp....I look forward to a new dyno once I get my exhaust on and temps cool..I dyno'ed with it 95 degrees in the shade on 88lbs 22's... cooler weather, 18's, and exhaust should be good for around 375rwHp i guess...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Great reading, sorry for chimming in late but I reahed my limit on sunday against a F-150 HD and she had more to give. I too am looking at Uprev over the Stillen. I would rather tap out at 130, just in case I need it. Rolling on 22" plays a role in quickness but thats just for the spur of the moment races.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
DamN! We loose sooo much power on the top end! I can see that our trucks are tuned to tow and for everyday driving because we get all our power before 4500 rpms and lose all of it after that, while the 6.2 gains it all where we lose it all.
I still have some decent off idle Tq,notice the flatter Tq curve....I do miss the crazy burnouts my Titan was capable of....But for racing in street tires It's not so much Tq off idle to where I have to be noid about traction.....I still have to baby it out the hole some but it's more manageable than my ol' Tq myster (Titan). My times should be more consitant. After 3,000rpm this truck is gone...My 0-60's are averaging 6 flat with the 22's....If it ever cools off over here I should be able to match the 5.8's I was averaging with with my Titan in cool weather... Especially once I get the exhaust and finish tweakin my tune...Me and Toomany are gonna have some fun races, he's gonna wax me off the line especially with those drag tires....hopefully I can reel him back in and make it interesting...should be fun, hopefully i'm not crazy heavy and never catch up...gotta find some scales

Here is his most recent Dyno with CAM's, My GMC, and my Ol' Titan....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Our trucks max speed on the road is about 135-140 if you have about 350HP (at the wheel ?). Someone posted the data needed, drag coefficient, frontal area, and then you determine your HP by dyno. Go to www.wallaceracing.com for a slew of calculators.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts