Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Whats fuel economy? Don't know Don't care

Votes: 8 18.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to settle a little banter I've got going on the side..

Anyone who was Uprev tuned by ME (AKA Cajun tuning) please share your experience with how your fuel economy was effected.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I need to find someone nearby to borrow their CAI to see if the AirAid is what's really killing my MPG.

·
Registered
138 Posts
seymore4, you just finished mine, so I was going to see how much better it is anyways, ill post what i find out once i run it a bit. even if it stays the same, the difference in uprev vs stock, and the amount you would have to hammer down with stock to match what uprev does makes it better already.

·
Registered
321 Posts
since the header b-pipes install and uprev the truck went from 18-19L/100km to 21-23L/100
im on my 4th O2 sensor also

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
With all my mods and heavy *** 20x10 with 305/50r20 weigh 98lbs each and a total truck weight of 5260lb.

I get 16.5 in interstate doing 80mph. And around 14 in the city. Just as good as stock.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine increased for sure. Uprev is the Beez kneez man.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Mine increased by 1/1.5, but the power increase is priceless!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My mpg increased by 1-1.5 mpg. I watch my scanguage religiously. I got 19 average on a 8 hour trip home from NC last month with my family of 6 in the cab and a fridge in the bed. Granted I was running 50 psi in the tires and running a seymore mpg tune.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
No change for me, and yes I did vote....

·
Registered
321 Posts
I believe I was the first one to vote,lol
Also this

Attachments

Reactions: seymore4

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Just voted. Mine definitely increased. With the extra horsepower from the headers and better tune with uprev compared to the garbage canned tune and restrictive exhaust manifolds. I dont need to hold the gas pedal down as long to get to cruising speed. Plus I opted for a 91 octane tune which is far better that an 87 octane tune. My T which currently has 99,870 miles runs better today than it did when it had 14k when I first got it. Boom goes the mic as I drop it just like the banter that should now be settled.

Reactions: seymore4

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I got right at 1 mpg increase. Couldn't be happier with the tune. I saw the other side of this post on FB. Some douchey comments... Just sayin'.
Exactly! You cant believe everything you see on the social media sites. There will always be a few that will bash and bad mouth.
Feedback is what Cajun relies on and we appreciate every bit of it good or bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did the full header, Cajun B pipe, Banks system and Uprev at 96k back in December. Now I have 111k on the truck. As for MPG, slight increase. Not sure what it really is. Crusing range per tank increased about 40 miles between fill ups (360ish). What I really like is the fact my truck runs better then it did the day I bought it on 1 January 2007 with 8 miles on it. Solid truck. Haven't had a payment in it in 5 years and couldn't be happier.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Here is the Cajun Titan with Uprev and using the BDGT as a monitor. Notice trip and average. I was using E-10 87 octane. My personal best is 21.1mpg.
I can get 14.5 towing my 3000lb popup camper.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
just ran 525 miles on the highway, Minot, ND to Sioux Falls SD, all highway - 75 mph for 110 miles, 80 mph for another 225, the 85 mph for the last 190, dash said 11.8, hand calculated from gas receipts (46 gallons) was 11.41

·
Vendor
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just ran 525 miles on the highway, Minot, ND to Sioux Falls SD, all highway - 75 mph for 110 miles, 80 mph for another 225, the 85 mph for the last 190, dash said 11.8, hand calculated from gas receipts (46 gallons) was 11.41
MPG absolutely tanks at those speeds... ::crying::

1 - 20 of 41 Posts