Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so here's the deal. My ethanol% keeps going up and down which makes my AFRs do the same thing. I emailed Jared and he emailed me a license update to enable me to tune my truck. Basically he sent me the $200 upgrade for free for the time being so I can adjust my fuel trims to 100. Anyways enough about that. Like an idiot after I updated my license and flashed the new base tune he sent me I went to Uprev.com and downloaded the Osiris tuner installer. At the very end of the install it did a software update:( I read on the FAQ's from their site that a software update will over ride a uprev license. So now when I go to cipher it will not communicate with my ECU. I emailed him back so hopefully he can send me another license update. Has anyone else ever done a software upgrade where they lost their license or am the first idiot to do it? Thing is though, it will still let me flash different roms with no problems. cipher even opens up just doesnt communicate while in there.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I can't answer your Uprev question, but it seems like you need to disable or lock the ethanol sensor input data in order to hold your AFR steady. Otherwise, you'll never get a consistent AFR IMO.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't answer your Uprev question, but it seems like you need to disable or lock the ethanol sensor input data in order to hold your AFR steady. Otherwise, you'll never get a consistent AFR IMO.
Any idea how to do that?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Any idea how to do that?
No, I don't. Do a Google search and maybe something will turn up in the Dodge or Chevy tuning forums. All flex-fuel vehicles should have the same problem I would think.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I don't. Do a Google search and maybe something will turn up in the Dodge or Chevy tuning forums. All flex-fuel vehicles should have the same problem I would think.
I've searched quite a bit with no luck:( Now because of it I'm w/out uprev for the time being. Hopefully jared can fix me up. I'm actually a little burnt out on this! Uprev isnt easy for ffv's:(

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I've searched quite a bit with no luck:( Now because of it I'm w/out uprev for the time being. Hopefully jared can fix me up. I'm actually a little burnt out on this! Uprev isnt easy for ffv's:(
I just looked at a bunch of tuning forums, and nobody posted any problem with the ethanol sensor randomly changing % by itself. I did see one post that said you can change the ethanol sensor sensitivity parameters, but that was on a Chevy or a Ford. If Jared can't address this problem, I doubt anyone else can. Maybe it's as simple as turning off the ethanol sensor...lol, but that would be too easy.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I wasn't aware we even had an ethanol sensor??? First time i've even heard the term... Where is this located in Cipher? Is it a data log parameter?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't aware we even had an ethanol sensor??? First time i've even heard the term... Where is this located in Cipher? Is it a data log parameter?
If your a ffv it's in one of the parameters you can record along with all the others. If the ethanol % goes up your AFR's go down and vice versa.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Hmmmm... I am FFV, I'll have to look into it. I use the same gas a lot of the time, but i'm sure each batch is a little different.

How much is it fluctuating?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmmm... I am FFV, I'll have to look into it. I use the same gas a lot of the time, but i'm sure each batch is a little different.

How much is it fluctuating?
It will be 60% then 75% then 65% then sometimes as high as 85% with the same tank of gas. Jared thinks it's my fuel trims at idle. He told me to bring the A/F Corr at idle to 100. He thinks by them being 91 or so at idle that the ECU is adjusting the ethanol %. I can't try that theory right now since my cable wont communicate with the monitor parameters function. It works with everything else just not that.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well varying from 12.1-12.4 and then to 12.8-13.1 is really not all that bad. There are plenty of fast Titans in each of those categories with impressive 1/4 mile ET's. If you do find a solution, please post the remedy. My Autoenginuity software doesn't have that sensor % to monitor, so I have no idea if mine is varying too.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well varying from 12.1-12.4 and then to 12.8-13.1 is really not all that bad. There are plenty of fast Titans in each of those categories with impressive 1/4 mile ET's. If you do find a solution, please post the remedy. My Autoenginuity software doesn't have that sensor % to monitor, so I have no idea if mine is varying too.
Yea 12.1 & 12.8 run the same 1/4 mile times. Its when it hits 85% ethanol it runs high 11's afr & it runs about .1 slower. I might call nissan & see if they can help. If you find something let me know too.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
It will be 60% then 75% then 65% then sometimes as high as 85% with the same tank of gas. Jared thinks it's my fuel trims at idle. He told me to bring the A/F Corr at idle to 100. He thinks by them being 91 or so at idle that the ECU is adjusting the ethanol %. I can't try that theory right now since my cable wont communicate with the monitor parameters function. It works with everything else just not that.
Yea 12.1 & 12.8 run the same 1/4 mile times. Its when it hits 85% ethanol it runs high 11's afr & it runs about .1 slower. I might call nissan & see if they can help. If you find something let me know too.
Hmmm... Very interesting! I need to run some data log's! It's been a while...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts