Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too bad, love the BBC version, saw a lot of the same stuff on the previews that I saw over the past few years on the original. I'm a horse power whore so I'll be watching every week either way. I did like the opening with the two "snakes".

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I recorded it earlier, have yet to watch it. But I do predict it will bomb unless they get rid of Tanner. I went to one of the tapings, and it was bad, like really bad.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,415 Posts
It wasn't bad, I kinda enjoyed it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Watching it right now; Im not liking it that much Im kinda missing Jeremy's british voice as the narrator; but I just realized tanner foust is a host!!! But I dont believe its gonna live up to the British version, if us Americans have seen the BBC one then we will know whats different and wont like it as much, but if you have never seen the BBC version then you will probably fall in love with the American version!!! (And who the hell is driving as the Stig? there cant be two of them they should have at least made a new character)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm a huge BBC Top Gear fan and I thought the US version was kinda dry compared to the original. It wasn't horrible, but it was borderline boring for me. It also seemed kinda forced, like they were trying to copy the BBC version too much.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, there were several upcoming clips that were exactly the same as the BBC version, I too was waiting to hear Jeremy's voice say something witty. The original will be very hard to beat. I hope they "Americanize" it a little more, i.e. offroad stuff, mudding, truck stuff, etc. as the truck doesn't appear to be as popular in the UK as it is in the states. Looking forward to the Raptor episode.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm not a big fan of it. The hosts...not that great. I guess I'm just used to Jeremy and his gang.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah they don't seem to have the chemistry that James, Hammy and Jeremy do... But it's a brand new show so you kinda have to give that some time. If you watch the early episodes of the BBC version they weren't that great either lol. I think the British version had language that I wasn't used to hearing and that might be part of why it was so funny to me too. I'll give it a shot, even though I wasn't very impressed by the first episode.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Overall, not a bad show, but near as good as the original. I think they need to be more "American" minded as for their choices of vehicles. A few foreign vehicles compared to the American counterpart would make for a more interesting show.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Felt empty and really boring, so much so that I hardly remember most of the show.

You can tell they are using some of the same scripts from the UK version too.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I'm a big fan of the BBC version but last nights History Channel version was really disappointing. The hosts are boring. I know who Tanner Foust is but who the hell are the other two guys and what did they do to deserve being hosts?

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I will stick to the BBC one. I love those guys over there (no homo)...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'm a big fan of the BBC version but last nights History Channel version was really disappointing. The hosts are boring. I know who Tanner Foust is but who the hell are the other two guys and what did they do to deserve being hosts?
was it me or did the big guy seem a little :gay: and the other guy had a big A$$ mole on his face; I felt like YouTube - Austin Powers Goldmember Mole

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
honestly i thought it was absolutly horrible. they couldnt have got a worst host than tanner. he is suck a d*bag. i was hoping when i heard they were going to make an american version it was a joke. there is no way that it will be as good as the BBC version and dont see it lasting more than one season. the good thing about the british version is they actually said what they think of the cars good or bad. the americans seem scripted and not one negative comment. im going to give it a couple weeks and hope it gets better but if the whole season is like the first one then ill just stick to the BBC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So very disappointing, that's really all I can say about it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It was a disapointment for sure. Way too scripted. The 3 hosts really didn't mesh together very well! I may be the only one who liked Tanner Foust out of the three. The other two, Adam Ferrara (who??? a standup camedian) and Rutledge Wood (Wimp, but at least knew his cars) I hope they either grow some ba!!s or improve on their hosting skills. Even when they introduced the Stig - that was pretty awkward!

I've been watching the UK version for years. In fact, I spent 13 years working in China and it was one of the few english shows on TV over there. I can remember how bad the UK version was before they put togther Clarkson, May and Hammond. So it may take a bit to put together a great team to host this US version

Maybe they should have used a better "Adam" with great car knowledge, edginess and humor, as in Adam Carolla.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice to see American Cars on the show, but these hosts are a bunch of talentless hack peter puffers. I love the UK version sooooo much better. it was 95% on the money. This new version is the other 5% for sure but missed the 95% that the trio from Brittan put together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts