Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was looking under the dash and saw a few wires dangling loose. so i looked at em and decided to call a few of my buddies over to find out what they went to...

in short those wires ended up going to a blue LED up in the middle of the dash. we found 3 other sets of wires, 2 of which go to POWER LOCKS in the doors! we also found what looked like the remains of an old alarm system and a siren under the hood. i guess the previous owner forgot to mention all this?

anyways, we rewired my alarm (the one that is optional from the dealer) so it uses that blue LED now, and got a new button for it. meanwhile we found a grey box that looks like it goes to the alarm as well.

we tried wiring up the locks to just any old positive lead and a random button we found (EXTREMELY STUPID IDEA :teethmast ) and they would click like they were trying to move, but not fully lock or unlock.

well, now i have power locks that dont fully work, and a red blinking airbag light in the dashboard that wont stop blinking...ive even disconnected everything weve done and it still blinks...

so this is where i need help, is there anywhere i can find a wiring diagram to wire up these power locks im so excited about? also, can i wire up that siren to the alarm somehow?

sorry for the book, but there was A LOT that we discovered...:gunz:

These are the first wires i discovered.

Then we found this switch that was either used for the power locks, or the previous alarm system.

This is the weird grey box we found. We assumed that it just goes to the alarm system.

Weird antenna that i dont think is stock...

Wire coming from weird antenna. I think it might be a satellite one? Maybe a reciever for the old alarm system?

An overall view of what we found.

An old wire that was cut. When grouded this made the siren go off.

This is from the top (window) looking down at the power lock.

Again, sorry for the book and all the pics but i want to get this figured out.:hat:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I hope you get it figure out. Look like maybe a remote starter of somekind with that antenna on the windshield. Look like maybe he/she took it out but left some stuffs in there.
As for the air bag light flashing, follow these steps.

If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the buttom on the bottom under the dash looks a lot like a carjack button....in the event that you are getting carjacked...your suppose to kickit and it should imobilize the truck.....look at the alarm box...and see who the manufacturer is...and then call a local retailer for that brand....they shoudld be able to help you out....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for all the replys, this helps IMMENSELY!! could i get parts for a remote start sytem separately or would i have to buy the whole system?

as for the alarm button, so when the car is on, and i press that button, the car should lock up and not be able to move or something? thats a nifty little feature, too bad i relocated the switch...lol

any thoughts on how to finish installing the power locks?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have a brand new Compustar 2-Way Alarm for sale.. Ill let it go cheap, as I dont know what happened to the antenna. :crying: Searching eBay, one can be had for 50 bucks though.

Here's some pic's.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
The grey box might be the override module for not having a key in the ignition. The should be a wire from the box to the ignition switch with a loop around the switch. In the module would be a key or cut down key with just the chip in it.
The switch looks like the programing switch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
That antenna on your windshield is definitely a "remote-start" antenna. I have the identical antenna on my windshield. The wires are probably the remnants of the remote start system if the previous owner had it taken out.
deffinately looks like they had a viper790 alarm/remote strat in there, the reason the door wires would be cut is to put them in the module for the locks, led....for the alarm, button for valet mode...

NICK

·
Registered
263 Posts
Actually about the only thing I can contribute is the fact that the button you see is actually a valet button. You can "normally" use that button to bypass your alarm system when having your vehicle serviced or situations like valet parking.

The button can also be used in conjunction with your coded key if for instance the battery in your remote key fob goes dead and you have to unlock your vehicle with the key and the alarm is blasting, your starter disable is active, and you have to do all of this relative quickly or it won't work, hmmmm how do I know this....

Most of the rest, I have no clue....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
noel55 said:
ever think the truck is stolen
no, i bought it through a toyota (bleh :boxing:) dealer and it was all registered with the state and good to go.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but i figured id rather do this that start a new one.

Anyways, does anyone have the instructions for a viper790 alarm/remote start kit? If you could scan them and post, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have mail!

These alarms, especially the remote start part, are not for the faint hearted, but my nickname is Wires. You might have to completely open the dash to do it right, plus you must cut into the ignition switch wiring harness and solder it all together right for the remote start. Just the alarm with power locks isn’t too bad. It took me two days, but I was taking my time. It’s an all day job no matter what. Also you will need a spare key and the ‘Keysense’ key chip reader (aka Immobilizer Bypass) that gets hidden up under the dash and left there so the truck will start without a key actually being in the ignition. It is a great system, with a true two-way remote/pager and worth it in the winter, but you have to be good with wires, a meter and a soldering iron. Mine has worked flawlessly for 3 years, but the ‘Keysense’ gadget is a weak link and a notorious source for problems. Other than that, the Viper 790 is a rock solid system. I’m not a salesman or installer, I just wanted it done right, and the kids at Ultimate Electronics (and Best Buy for that matter) were hacks so I did it myself. I gave $189 for the Viper 790 base kit on line (NOT INSTALLED), the Immobilizer Bypass and door lock actuators would be extra. Directed Electronics (DEI) is the parent company of Viper, Hornet and Clifford, they are all nearly the same on the inside. DEI only allows their dealer/installers access to the vehicle specific wiring harness info. But I just happen to have all the .pdf’s for the 05 Titan, which should work for you. Like I said, you have mail.

There is also a great forum 'the12volt.com' that was very very helpful.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts