Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey for those of you that used LOC's and the 2 wiring harnesses did you notice any noise or any problems with signal? I've been reading that you need to install the LOC after the RF amp. I wanted to avoid this. I ordered the Navone 4 ch. LOC. and the Metra wire harnesses.

I hope this works ok.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
You would install the LOC before the amp...at the headunit. You will be eliminating the RF amp using a LOC... The RF amp would no longer be used when running aftermarket amps....this would defeat the purpose and not to mention sound like crap.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How'd I know it would be you first to respond! haha

Thats what I thought. I heard that because of the low signal from the HU the LOC wouldnt work well. I thought this wasnt true but wanted to see what you guys thought.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I love to help out in anyway I can..... The LOC will convert so that you can run RCA's to your amps... At the headunit is the right way....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that stuff. I just wanted to make sure nobody had any issues.

Thanks man.

Hey did you trade your 4 runner in for another titan?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats great. I remember you had some issues with yours. I did to w/ my 04 so the dealer took it back on a trade in for an 05 this one has been a lot better.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA good point on the 1st year stuff. I think I learned my lesson! Overall it wasnt horrible... just not up to my standards! haha

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Too funny!!! It was like they slapped it together to meet the deadline launch..nothing fit together right....not to mention when I did my audio install on the 2004 it was the cheapest interior I've ever seen....nothing fit together good. The 2006 was built 10x better and everything fit better......

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah i agree, I probably should have waited for an 06 but the 05 was still better than the 04..

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, the rumors of 08 make it sound better yet. We'll see!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats what I was afraid of... hopefully the Navone will work ok since it has up to 9.5V of output.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
That's the idea of using a LOC after the headunit so you don't send the amp an already amplified signal... The LOC will convert the signal and not to mention give you a stronger signal them most aftermarket headunits....

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
lizardking said:
You would install the LOC before the amp...at the headunit. You will be eliminating the RF amp using a LOC... The RF amp would no longer be used when running aftermarket amps....this would defeat the purpose and not to mention sound like crap.

??? I tapped behind the HU at the beginning with the stock RF stuff...I kept the RF amp for the mids and highs but ran a new amp for subs... it was great...

After I changed out HUs I also left the RF amp powering the mids and highs... Now I got components in the front ran out of the preouts from the HU but the rears are still running through the RF amp...

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PI,

Thats my plan until I buy either a 4 CH amp or find another place to mount 3 amps. I have the sound faded to mostly the front anyway so its not putting out to the rear speakers anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
t22a80 said:
Thats what I was afraid of... hopefully the Navone will work ok since it has up to 9.5V of output.
The Navone LOC is not a line driver. You will get less than 1 volt tapping pre-amp at the RF HU.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was a little worried about that.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts