Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I may be moving to Florida by the end of this month. I'll know more tomorrow. However incase I do, the moving company wants 6 grand to move everything. The cheaper route is to just get a trailer, and go at it!

Uhaul says I need this:
Class 3 hitch, $139.95
Max weight, 6,000lbs
Max Distribution weight, 10,000lbs
Round tube design

The trailer I'm getting is a 6'x12' in size. Now full of furniture, how much weight do you think I could put in the bed of the Titan? Or do you think that would just weigh it down too much?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
6 grand!?!? wow, give me four and i'll do it for you :)

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is a lot LOL I could understand 1500-2grand but 6..way to much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The weight you can put in your truck will depend on how you load the trailer. Don't put your heaviest stuff in the front of the trailer. Try and put your heavy loads over the axle of the trailer or right in front of the axle. Try to distribute the weight in the trailer as to not put too much tongue weight so your truck will sit level. You should be able to put 500-800 pounds in the truck if you load the trailer correctly.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Well it looks like I may be moving to Florida by the end of this month. I'll know more tomorrow. However incase I do, the moving company wants 6 grand to move everything. The cheaper route is to just get a trailer, and go at it!

Uhaul says I need this:
Class 3 hitch, $139.95
Max weight, 6,000lbs
Max Distribution weight, 10,000lbs
Round tube design

The trailer I'm getting is a 6'x12' in size. Now full of furniture, how much weight do you think I could put in the bed of the Titan? Or do you think that would just weigh it down too much?

Ever thought about PODS ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Another option is to palletize your stuff and have someone like ABS deliver it. Usually about $150 a pallet.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
You don't have a hitch already?....Do people also buy trucks with out the bed....? :)

You truck has a payload of about 1400 lbs, that's fuel, you and whatever's in the bed(including the weight of trailer tongue).....

I don't think you should have too much problems, I'd load the heavier items in the trailer when possible.

I would tow in 4th and don't worry if hitting hills the truck grabs 3rd and tachs out 3500-3800 rpm....The Titan pulls hard like that and is built to take it.
You're going to miss not having the Tow Package mirrors....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
You're going to miss not having the Tow Package mirrors....

awww don't do him like that.
It Isn't so bad you can see past the UHaul trailers with the little mirrors, I don't even feel the need to pull my tow mirrors out, I can see fine with them in. and some blind spot mirrors help a ton when backing.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Like said before, get a bigger UHaul truck and a car trailer that gets all the wheels off the ground...tow the Titan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Like said before, get a bigger UHaul truck and a car trailer that gets all the wheels off the ground...tow the Titan.
I agree!! Why would you want to put the mileage on your truck. Let alone tow all that across the country. Spend a little more and tow the titan down. Better off in the long run.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I agree with above about renting the U-Haul truck and a tow dolly to pull your truck behind it. If you want a hitch, the OEM Nissan one is the best bang for the buck, it's very easy to install and connect the wiring. CourtesyParts usually has a decent price on them.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We may get a big uhaul truck. However we have 3 trucks we need to get down there also. We don't have THAT much stuff. It'd be cheaper to just rent a 6'12' trailer and tow that while the Bronco tows the Honda behind it. I'm looking into PODs right now..

..but I want to tow something LOL

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't know where you're moving from, but if you decide to rent a truck I'd take a serious look at Penske rather than Uhaul. When we moved from WA to CA Uhaul wanted over a grand for the rental; Penske was only like $300 bucks. Plus all their trucks are brand new and a lot nicer to drive than Uhaul's clunkers...just a thought.

www.pensketruckrental.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres the results:
Penske Truck Rental is $890 from Denver to Miami
Tow trailer is $210 (will tow buddies Honda SUV)
No trailer offerd by Uhaul to tow my Bronco behind the Titan. SO how do I get my Bronco to FL?

Uhaul rental is $1,192
Trailer is $293 for Honda SUV
Same situation, no way to tow Bronco behind Titan

Titan with 6'x12' enclosed trailer, $331
Bronco with trailer $191

..yeah cheapest way is to just tow lol

PODS wants me to call them to get a quote..so i'll call them in a minute

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$5204.18 is how much it cost for a POD.. or it's $2800..one of the two. Either way, the most expensive

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did the math, $1,335 is about how much it cost for uhaul trailers and to tow to Florida.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used ABF trucking when I moved, they drop the trailer in front of your house and you fill up the space you rented. They then pick it up and drop it off in front of your new house a few days later.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
cheap out now and pay later.

I would get a big box truck for the house. Tow the bronco behind the truck and tow the lighter Honda behind the Titan or Titan behind truck and Honda behind Bronco. The other option is use a train (Amtrack) to get the Bronco and Titan down south. You can always Drive one truck down, fly back and drive the other truck down. It's not like your gonna be late for work.

BTW Uhual sucks. If you have go with Uhaul demand a truck no older than 2 years old. Uhual is known for keeping junk on the road.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts