Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the utilitrac system, and found a bed extender cheap on craigslist, but it's from a truck that did not have the utilitrac system.

Can this mount right up or would I need special brackets to fit the utilitrac rails or something?

I'd hate to snatch it up and spend the money, only to find out it was useless without some brackets I'd need.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait... am I retarded - is the bed extender only for utilitrac systems?

Can you have a bed extender on a non-utilitrac truck?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, you can have a bed extender on a non-utilitrack truck. You should be able to use any bed extender as long as it comes with the mounts.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
not to hijack or anything but anyone know where to get just the brackets that the sliding extender attaches to. i kinda lost teh right side one :boxing:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeffs05SE said:
not to hijack or anything but anyone know where to get just the brackets that the sliding extender attaches to. i kinda lost teh right side one :boxing:
It's not really hijacking cause I have the same question. This guy only wants $50 for his bed extender and I need to determine if it's worth it if I have to go buy brackets as well.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
ZeroPt99 said:
It's not really hijacking cause I have the same question. This guy only wants $50 for his bed extender and I need to determine if it's worth it if I have to go buy brackets as well.
The brackets are hard to obtain from Nissan.Usually a dealer has to get special handling to get a specific part from a kit.
You could probably obtain them easier direct from manufacturer,Amp Research!
The extenders are the same size and will all fit,but the difference is the sliding extender has the lower tube rails a little shorter on one end so it can flip on top of the wheel wells without hitting.
Mine is a slider,but I am using the fixed mounts,as my utilitrac is cluttered with the brackets for my Snug Lid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts