Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Utilitrac System is a great idea but it means that no one with the top of the line (the LE) model will be able to put a lockable cover on the back of their truck. The Utilitrac System prevents it. It seems Nissan should either design a lockable top that will use the Utilitrac or offer the LE without the Utilitrac. Does this bother anyone else or am I the only one who wants a lockable cover on my bed?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
One will be available either through Nissan or the Aftermarket. Check Gaylords. It will take a while for the Aftermarket to figure the utlitrack system, but in the long run it's better to have it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoken with the optimism of someone who has already ordered their Titan. I hope you're right. I'm waiting for the 2005 model to be safe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am interested in purchasing the Titan, but a bed cover is critical. Do you think we can get a straight answer from Nissan regarding a bedliner? I can't image they would design such an excellent truck and not provide a cover.
:eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As per Derwud's sugestion, I've emailed Gaylord's to see if they've been working on it. I'm like you...it's a deal-breaker...I've got to have a lockable cover...roll 'n lock, etc. I've written Nissan to explain the problem. When I called and brought it to their attention, it was as if I was the first one to ask the question. Most dealers don't even realize it's an issue. Eventually, someone will engineer a solution, I just hope it's sooner (this year) than later (a couple model years from now). If anyone finds out about a lockable option, it would be great if they could post it here!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Bmosbacker said:
I am interested in purchasing the Titan, but a bed cover is critical. Do you think we can get a straight answer from Nissan regarding a bedliner? I can't image they would design such an excellent truck and not provide a cover.
:eek:
Did you want to know about a bedliner or a bed cap?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Warren said:
As per Derwud's sugestion, I've emailed Gaylord's to see if they've been working on it.
Please let me know what happens with Gaylords? I know they are working on something. There are a lot of Aftermarket companies looking for production trucks to do final fit of custom parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The local aftermarket shop was in touch with A.R.E. today and it sound like (so far) the cover is only available for the trucks without Utilitrac. I agree with Derwud...it's just a matter of time 'till someone engineers a lockable top for the Utilitrac System.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cap

I have a Titan LE King Cab on order and I am concerned after reading these posts. I have always had a cap on my truck and plan to put one on the Titan. Does anyone know if there will be issues with installing a cap. Is the utli track in the way of the standard clamps. I e-mailed ARE and Century to find out if they will offer their lines of Caps. I am not familiar with the lockable covers and am curious as to whether mounting a cap will face the same issues that have been raised here.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
waitingfortitan,
I don't know the difference between a cover and a cap. From what all the aftermarket people are telling me so far, nothing yet will work if you have the utilitrack system...there's no room under the rails. The only cap available so far is from A.R.E. but it's if you don't have utilitrack. We've just got to wait for someone to design one that will work with the utilitrack system.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Gaylords is in final mock up of a cap for the utli track.

Or, get four cleats and take your truck to your nearest Cap/cover manufacture to make a system to work with the utli track or wait for someone to build it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
according to the local dealer, A.R.E. has fixed their clamping problem with the utili-trac, and is shipping the tops at this time. Just need the paint code. 848.54 from the dealer here, including the power lock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hate to sound so ignorant, but what/who is A.R.E. and is there a website and/or contact information?

The bed cover isssue is critical to me. I can't buy the Titan until the issue is resolved with the ulti-trac.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts