Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I already know the answer to this question, but...

I bought a bed extender used and did not realize that I needed the utilitrack to mount the bed extender. My question is:

1) Is it possible to mount the bed extender with OUT the utilitrack?
2) If not, is it possible to mount the utilitrack with the factory drop in liner?

I bought my truck used so I didn't have the option of choosing what kind of liner I wanted (boo).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got a friend with a Titan with a drop in bedliner. His has the brackets for the fixed bed extender, but he doesn't have the extender. Next time he's over, I'll see if my utilitrack extender fits his brackets.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I have the KC long bed with the bed tracks and but missing or never installed side and front rails. The bed has the factory sprayed on liner and the bolts in place for the rails.... just no rails.

I may have to sell my extender and divider, both with utili-track mounts if I can't come up with rails.

What about using unistrut as a substitute?

Marc

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
What about using unistrut as a substitute?

Marc
unisturt works wonders, it will work just fine.
depends on how you want it.
i think on the side of the bed you need the 1 5/8th thick strut.
on the floor and back i THINK it's the 7/8th thick strut.
home depot sells them as "superstrut" $15 for the 7/8th and $18 for the 1 5/8th.
they come sloted, and you can just line them up with the holes, use 1 1/4 fender washers to hold them in place.
they will be as good as the utilitracks, and about 10 times stronger.

we use that stuff for work, and when the hurricane hit in houston, a building at NASA blew away, but everything with strut remained in place from inside the building.

if you need more help with the strut, and what kind of hardware you need let me know.

also, if you decide to sell the bed extender and the devider, please let me know. i'd be interested :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My friend was over yesterday with his '08 SE KC LB Titan with the drop in bedliner and the fixed brackets. I grabbed my utilitrack extender and it dropped right into the fixed brackets. So you should be good to go with either the utilitrack brackets or the fixed brackets.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks all. I ended up trading for fixed brackets.

HOWEVER - I freaking snapped a bolt off when I was trying to mount the brackets.

Does anybody know what size bolts they are? And any luck using a bolt extractor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts