Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few people talk about the V.P.P. Vendor Purchase program on this forum and I had a few quick questions.

My cousin has direct access to this program and he can use V.P.P. to purchase any Nissan. My main question is being a family member, would I be able to take advantage of the program if I went into the dealer with him? Or does he have to buy and register the truck himself? If tha later is the case, is there anyway around this?

Also, I've see the current rate of the program is about 2.87% under invoice. This might sound like a stupid question, but I would basicall multiply ,0287 x the invoice price of the truck and subtract that amount from invoice right?

Finally, V.P.P. is valid for all models, right?

Any and all information is truly appreciated as I'm currently planning on getting a Nissan truck within the next month and exploring all my options. I LOVE the Titan, but it's just a little big for my needs so I'm waiting for the new 05 Frontiers to hit in the next 2 weeks as they are supposedly like mid-size Titans now. Plus if I do get the new Frontier, the V.P.P. info may be even more important to me seeing as how there won't be any rebates at first, and dealers probably wont be dealing for awhile on 05 Frontiers until stock builds up, however I need a new truck ASAP, Dec 31st at the latest!

Sorry for the long post but all info is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
HKINGS said:
Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few people talk about the V.P.P. Vendor Purchase program on this forum and I had a few quick questions.

My cousin has direct access to this program and he can use V.P.P. to purchase any Nissan. My main question is being a family member, would I be able to take advantage of the program if I went into the dealer with him? Or does he have to buy and register the truck himself? If tha later is the case, is there anyway around this?

Also, I've see the current rate of the program is about 2.87% under invoice. This might sound like a stupid question, but I would basicall multiply ,0287 x the invoice price of the truck and subtract that amount from invoice right?

Finally, V.P.P. is valid for all models, right?

Any and all information is truly appreciated as I'm currently planning on getting a Nissan truck within the next month and exploring all my options. I LOVE the Titan, but it's just a little big for my needs so I'm waiting for the new 05 Frontiers to hit in the next 2 weeks as they are supposedly like mid-size Titans now. Plus if I do get the new Frontier, the V.P.P. info may be even more important to me seeing as how there won't be any rebates at first, and dealers probably wont be dealing for awhile on 05 Frontiers until stock builds up, however I need a new truck ASAP, Dec 31st at the latest!

Sorry for the long post but all info is appreciated! :)
HKINGS I have VPP. I'm a VPP business associate. (Work for the Railroad) I called the Nissan VPP hq this morning to see if the 2005 Titan and Frontier were included. The lady said every Nissan vehicle was included except for the 350 Z anniversary edition. Unless your cousin is directly employed by Nissan, I don't think you can get VPP. I could be wrong. Here is a couple of website links to help. www.nissanvpp.com and www.nissanvpp.com/qualifies.htm. Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Ciron! I'm pretty sure he is a Business Associate and not a direct employee. So it looks like I can't directly buy the car. However, I do wonder if I could actually have him purchase the car for me and register it in my name. There must be a way I can take advantage if his association to the program since he doesnt buy Nissans and never plans on it.

I'll have to talk to him more about it. It may be worth the extra savings on an 05 Frontier or Titan for me! :)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've found using this discount would give you a pretty good discount but would apply more extra charges not originally found on other vehicles not purchased with VPP. After you find the charges and add them up, the discount is almost gone or none.

just my .02
phil

·
Registered
178 Posts
phillipyang said:
I've found using this discount would give you a pretty good discount but would apply more extra charges not originally found on other vehicles not purchased with VPP. After you find the charges and add them up, the discount is almost gone or none.

just my .02
phil

Wasn't my experience. I ended up saving a bundle with VPP. All the charges on my transaction were cut and dry. (Well, as cut and dry as it can get with a car deal)

·
Registered
116 Posts
My experience with the VPP was great. No haggle on the price, and saved about $3000 off the sticker. Also, I believe that family members can take advantage of the VPP if they work through the individual that actually qualifies. It may be dependent on the specific arrangement each company has with Nissan, but I believe that to be the case.

·
Registered
227 Posts
He can't sell it to you anyways. Part of the stuff I signed to get the deal is he has to
own it for six months before he sells it.

Zardoz

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So much for that...

Well my cousin said he would find out more next week, so I will have to keep my fingers crossed and hope he can get me in. If not, looks like I will have to put on my haggling hat! :jester:

Thanks again for all of your help everyone!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The VPP program has an 'Extended Family and Friends' program that those who qualify can look into. Anyone who currently is covered by the VPP program can call 1-800-299-4753 for more information and a claim form.

·
Registered
490 Posts
pciley said:
How much below invoice are we talkin'?
More than $500 under, like new-nissans.com?
About that, maybe a little more if the dealership don't bent you over for 2.5% in VPP delivery fees. What BS!!!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think all VPP's are different. The one that's available to me throught the firm I work at allows only me or my spouse the special price. The way you would calculate 2.87% off of the vehicle invoice price is just by multiplying the invoice price of the vehicle by 97.13% (100%-2.87%). I think Nissan pays the 2.5% delivery fees through the VPP I have, and it's available with all Nissans except for the special Z's. There is no "Extended Family and Friends" program with my VPP. I would suggest that you look into it in more detail, and maybe have your cousin print out the info.

·
Registered
493 Posts
its also..

vpp programs also allows once a year to sponsor someone other than family to participate, my friend got the vpp through my uncle...
i got the xe cc in dec 2003 for $23900 through vpp.

·
Registered
739 Posts
pciley said:
How much below invoice are we talkin'?
More than $500 under, like new-nissans.com?
Mine came out to be almost $1000 under invoice and I got a 6 year 75k mile bumper to bumper warranty w/ it. Plus, my buddy is the sales manager for the dealership here in Central, IL. They had some warranty company that was able to do the warranty w/ a discount coupon for like $930. Something about how they classed the Titan b/c it's still a new vehicle class for Nissan. VPP does state you must own the vehicle for a min. 6 mos before unloading it. :teethmast

·
Registered
594 Posts
smoothTitan said:
mine went great also, got it way under invoive. its the only way, no haggle about prices just the vpp.
Ditto here....Without using my VPP I never would have gotten close to the deal that I got.

·
Registered
249 Posts
So if you were to qualify for the friends and family VPP program and if the Invoice were $35,000 you would subtract the 2.87% which is $1,004.50, which gives you a total amount of $33,995.50. After that you must add back in 2.5% of the VPP price which in this case is $33,995.50 x 2.5% equals $849.89, and after adding that you have a grand sale price (assuming no more dealer adds, etc.) of $34,845.39. That’s $154.61 UNDER dealer invoice. This is why we state that normally our $500 under is a more aggressive discount for indirect VPP purchasers of the friends and family program. And fewer steps involved in getting the discount.

See program details here:

The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), NNA and affiliate employees pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee. NNA would pay the dealer the entire delivery fee equivalent to 5 percent of the dealer net price.

For employees of NNA and Affiliate-companies and their immediate family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

• Dealer invoice
• Minus VPP discount (Nissan 4.3% : Infiniti 3.58%)
• Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
• Plus destination and handling charge
• Plus marketing assessment as applicable
• Minus applicable incentives
• Equals participant’s purchase price

For NNA and affiliate employee sponsored friends and extended family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

• Dealer invoice
• Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
• Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
• Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
• Plus destination and handling charge
• Plus marketing assessment as applicable
• Minus applicable incentives
• Equals participant’s purchase price
When a dealership sells a vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee paid by Nissan North America, Inc. Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They have obviously changed the program as I did not have the 2.5% delivery fee added to my final sales price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts