Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Guys those, that I posted are the “cut and paste” copy of the VPP offer from Nissan. If you will notice, as a direct employee of Nissan or direct Affiliate Employee and their immediate family members, the discount would amount to a better deal than being an extended family member or friend of such a person!

Also, where it is not explained in the above example; different companies seem to have different agreements with Nissan, what they are referring to as a pre-negotiated price which after contacting VPP Headquarters at 1-800-299-4753 (7a.m. – 7p.m. CST) to obtain a VPP claim number, you will need to take the claim number to a participating dealership and select the vehicle you want. Details of the various individual agreements (pre-negotiated prices) can be obtained through the VPP application process by first obtaining a VPP claim number then as Nissan puts it; selecting your vehicle at a participating dealership and then the dealer will calculate your purchase price using the VPP Claim Form online with your VPP claim number.

I think that the VPP offer from Nissan, like any manufacture is a great program. I'm just saying that having been doing this for a while, it is not common for the VPP offer to an extended family member or friend of a Nissan or Affiliate Employee, to be better than the deal that we already offer. To me, it really doesn't matter, and it would be better for all involved (Both Dealer and Customer) to use the VPP offer when possible, because should the customer get a better deal than our offer and buy through us using the VPP offer, not only does the customer save more but we as a dealer will make more than we do at the $500 under dealer invoice.

·
Registered
594 Posts
My mom was looking at a new Pathfinder. I work at UPS and am eligible, and have used my VPP to purchase my Titan.

Can MY MOTHER use my discount??? I asked my dealer and he said "no." He went on to say that I would have to buy it, own it for 6 months, then I could sell it to my mom.

I know when I bought the Titan, I had to sign a form saying that I don't plan to turn around and sell it to make a profit.

But I think I heard that family members can use it as long as you have some kind of "form" that you have to send away for???

I DON'T think my mom can take advantage of my VPP.......or CAN she?? Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Who is Eligible to Purchase
VPP participants must reside in the continental United States or Alaska. Eligible participants include:

Employees of NNA and their immediate family members (A Plan participants)
Employees of NNA affiliate companies and their immediate family members (B Plan participants)
Extended family and friends of NNA and affiliate-company employees (C Plan participants)
Business associate companies and their employees (D Plan participants)
NNA and Affiliate Companies
For VPP purposes, NNA and affiliate companies are:

Auto Chassis International
Distribution and Auto Service
Jatco USA
Mack Trucks
Marubeni Engines Power
Nissan Capital of America
Nissan Data Center
Nissan Design America
Nissan Diesel America
Nissan Finance of America
Nissan Forklift Corporation North America
Nissan Industrial Engine Manufacturing USA
Nissan Marine & Power Products
Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation
Nissan North America, including national headquarters, all Nissan and Infiniti regional offices, all parts distribution centers and all U.S. manufacturing plants (Canton, Decherd, Smyrna)
Nissan Real Estate Corporation
Nissan Technical Center North America
Nissan Trading Corporation
Renault Export
S&M Moving Systems
SNR Bearing USA
Volvo Trucks North America
World Logistics Service USA

Employees of NNA and Affiliate Companies
For VPP purposes, employees of NNA and affiliate companies are:

Direct, full-time employees of NNA and the affiliate companies listed.
Retirees of NNA and affiliate companies who have received a normal, early or disability retirement, and spouses of deceased retirees.

Immediate Family Members
For VPP purposes, immediate family members of NNA and affiliate-company employees are:

Spouse
Parents
Spouse's parents
Children (including sons- and daughters-in-law and stepchildren)
Siblings (including brothers- and sisters-in-law, half-brothers, half-sisters, stepbrothers and stepsisters)

Note: The surviving spouse and children of a deceased NNA or affiliate-company employee may also participate in the VPP. However, upon the death of the surviving spouse, the children may no longer participate.
Extended Family and Friends
For VPP purposes, extended family and friends of NNA and affiliate-company employees are:

Non-immediate family members and friends.

Note: Vehicles purchased by extended family and friends must be for personal use, not business use. Employees of business associate companies (including Nissan and Infiniti dealerships) are not eligible to refer extended family and friends for VPP purchases.
Employees of Business Associate Companies
For VPP purposes, employees of business associate companies are:

Direct, full-time employees of companies in the continental United States and Alaska that have a contract or purchase order directly with NNA or any of the affiliate companies listed.
Direct, full-time employees of authorized Nissan and Infiniti dealerships in the continental United States and Alaska. Employees of multi-franchise operations are eligible only if they work for the Nissan or Infiniti dealership within the operation.

Note: Retirees of business associates companies (including Nissan and Infiniti dealerships) are not eligible to participate in the VPP.

·
Registered
249 Posts
PENROSE said:
My mom was looking at a new Pathfinder. I work at UPS and am eligible, and have used my VPP to purchase my Titan.

Can MY MOTHER use my discount??? I asked my dealer and he said "no." He went on to say that I would have to buy it, own it for 6 months, then I could sell it to my mom.

I know when I bought the Titan, I had to sign a form saying that I don't plan to turn around and sell it to make a profit.

But I think I heard that family members can use it as long as you have some kind of "form" that you have to send away for???

I DON'T think my mom can take advantage of my VPP.......or CAN she?? Anyone know for sure?

I would suggest that the sales manager and or sale person needs to learn the program, before they attempt to answer your question. Because based on what you have posted, and what I just posted which are the Eligibility Requirements of VPP, I would say this person that you mention has given you the wrong answer, not to mention they believe and are recommending that you need to deceive Nissan.

And although UPS isn't shown above it is considered an Affiliate Company of Nissan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the VPP! WooHoo!

So it's official! I got in on the VPP via Friends and Family program! WooHoo! I got my claim number and all my info I need to head into any dealer and just pick out the car I want.

Like the new-nissans posts have mention the breakdown is as follows:

Dealer Invoice
-
Minus VPP discount (2.87% of Dealer Invoice
+
Plus Options/Security+/Extended Protection (if you choose any)
+
Plus Dealer Delivery Fee
+
Plus Destination and Handling charge
+
Plus Marketing/Advertising fees (could range from $0 to a few hundred. If they say it’s more than that, I might try another dealership)
-
Minus any Customer Incentives (In the November 29th issue there was a $2,500 rebate on Frontier and $2,000 on Titan! I don’t have the December issue to check, but I believe there’s still some rebates on both)
=
EqualsVPP Purchase price

My question is, what is the "2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice" that some have mentioned on here? Is that something I will HAVE to end up paying or will some dealers cut me slack on it? Basically, can it be negotiated?

If I do end up getting an 05 Frontier as I might, I don't mind paying it at all because there aren't going to be many dealers negotiating invoice prices to regular customers when they first hit the lots next week. However, if I decide to go with the 04 Titan, there are dealers who will sell below invoice and not include that silly 2.5$ fee.

Hope this makes sense....

Thanks again for everyones help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hkings

I'm not sure if you program is the same as the one I am able to get, but here is the cut and paste from the nissan site our program directs us to. I hope it helps.

The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), Business Associates pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus delivery fee, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
Plus destination and handling charge
Plus marketing assessment as applicable
Minus applicable incentives
Equals paticipant's purchase price
Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts