Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share some before headers numbers.

Post-headers results:

0-60 mph: 5.2 sec
1/4 mile: [email protected]

No pix because this round of testing was done during the day. The screen on the Vbox is dark, so it doesn't photo very well in the light. Will have time slips to verify Vbox results because our first race of the season is this coming Saturday.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
DAMN!!!! When are you getting headers?

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Most V8 Pathy's run high to mid 13's with minimal mods.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drop the SUV off for install today. I should have it back on Saturday if all goes well. I'll drive it around that day and watch my AFR & timing advance numbers before testing on Sunday morning. We'll see how much leaner I run after this mod.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
LOL No they don't. Stock pathy's run like 15.0-15.2, CAI, exhaust and a tuner puts them around 14.2-14.4 w/out weight reduction:) Add some weight reduction and get rid of the cats your looking at 13.9 or so.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL. Any proof?

Mid 13s with minimal mods. I wish. I'm just hoping to gain a tenth with the headers. I already turn heads at my local track. The announcer even says, "This guy has got to have something under that hood... some nitrous or a supercharger."

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice #'s! I'm really interested in the VK56 Pathfinder's! They are so rare, i have never seen one in person. :)

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
LOL No they don't. Stock pathy's run like 15.0-15.2, CAI, exhaust and a tuner puts them around 14.2-14.4 w/out weight reduction:) Add some weight reduction and get rid of the cats your looking at 13.9 or so.
This guy runs 13.8 with a K&N CAI and a generic exhaust with a BD tuner. Uprev and LT's will put him squarely in the 13.2-13.5 range easily.......as long as he completes the total package........good CAI and a good exhaust system to complement the rest of it. If he runs a set of DR's or slicks and knocks that 60ft down to 1.8 or so, he'd be in the 13.7-13.6 range as is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This guy runs 13.8 with a K&N CAI and a generic exhaust with a BD tuner. Uprev and LT's will put him squarely in the 13.2-13.5 range easily.......as long as he completes the total package........good CAI and a good exhaust system to complement the rest of it. If he runs a set of DR's or slicks and knocks that 60ft down to 1.8 or so, he'd be in the 13.7-13.6 range as is.
I'd be interested in seeing all his incrementals.

Just to let you know, Uprev doesn't support the V8 Pathy. Jared doesn't even know if the Pathy uses the Hitachi ecu that they work with. I'm currently trying to get Osiris for my SUV. Jared asked me to take a pic of my ecu. If it is the same Hitachi ecu as the Titan/Armada uses, they'll be able to get Osiris to work. However, I'd need to buy the tuner version and have it dyno tuned. Jared said they wouldn't be able to send me an e-tune because they've never had a V8 Pathy on the dyno.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice #'s! I'm really interested in the VK56 Pathfinder's! They are so rare, i have never seen one in person. :)

i seen quite a few drivin around here in vegas :D

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Let us know what you find out with the ECU. That would be sweet if it's the same one!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let us know what you find out with the ECU. That would be sweet if it's the same one!
Will do, but it seems Jared is too busy with other stuff to worry much about the V8 Pathfinder. It's becoming a trend where I have to send him 2 emails before he responds to my first.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
There's someone on youtube with an Uprev tuned Pathy VK56. Apparently, Jared can do the Pathy as the shop he got tuned by used Uprev and Jared helped with it.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Will do, but it seems Jared is too busy with other stuff to worry much about the V8 Pathfinder. It's becoming a trend where I have to send him 2 emails before he responds to my first.
Uprev rocks! Their customer service sucks! Sent him an email 4 days ago, no response. I guess the 350z guys keep him content.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
How much does the v-8 Pathy weigh?? 13's with intake, exhaust.tune? Why don't I have one? TBSS sleeper killer....put some headers on it too, some lighter wheels and some weight reduction, a little touch of Nitrous ....I like the sound of that. A black one, with black leather, and blacked out headlights/tails......time to price search

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much does the v-8 Pathy weigh?? 13's with intake, exhaust.tune? Why don't I have one? TBSS sleeper killer....put some headers on it too, some lighter wheels and some weight reduction, a little touch of Nitrous ....I like the sound of that. A black one, with black leather, and blacked out headlights/tails......time to price search
I never weighed mine, but the registration card says 5000 lbs. I run mine without all the extra seats, tools and spare tire. You can drop quite a bit of weight in the Pathy. I'm currently running the stock rubber on stock 18s, but I have a set of Pathy 17s. I need to do some calcs to see what size I wanna run on them. I was thinking about some 28s or 29s to gear it down from the stock 30.5s. What size drag radials do most of you Titans use?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it's a balancing act when playing with gearing. I think I'll run my 18s for the March race and see where I'm at. It sounds like 28s are too short, so I'll probably play with 29s. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yeah, it's a balancing act when playing with gearing. I think I'll run my 18s for the March race and see where I'm at. It sounds like 28s are too short, so I'll probably play with 29s. Thanks for the info.
You launch in 2wd or 4wd?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts