Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. I've been reading some of the threads on engine noise and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I have an 07 Titan with about 1100 miles on it and there is alot of engine noise. It is the first V8 vehicle that I've owned so I wasn't sure if thats how it's supposed to be or if something is wrong. I checked the oil level and it's fine. It's a constant ticking noise which sounds like normal valvetrain noise but kinda loud. could it be the pulleys maybe? It doesn't go away after warm up. Oh well, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for reading..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine has just over 2,000 miles on it now. I have noticed that the fuel injectors are really noticeable on this engine maybe because other engine noises are pretty subdued. That may be the clicking that you hear. Ask your service advisor when you first take it in for service. I have read that the Flexfuel engines use larger injectors so that may have something to do with it as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Titan sounded like a Diesel until I started running the higher octane fuel. You may be hearing knock? More exspensive gas resulted in less noise, more power, less beer money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses everyone..

·
Registered
514 Posts
If it's a clicking that increases with the rpm it's the injectors. I have an 07' also and hear that plus a little valve train noise even with a synthetic blend in it .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No... It actually goes away with rpm.. Just a little chatter during idle. I dunno? maybe I'm just being a little paranoid. After all it is a V8 right? It isn't exactly supposed to be quiet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts