Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 07' KC 4x4 to the dealer today for an audible tick coming from the drivers side. I had already listended to everything and knew it was valvetrain related. The dealer sent me away and stated that they needed to order "shims" to correct the problem. When asked for clarification, I was sent away and told it would be fixed. Does anyone know what these "shims" are and what their purpose is? I don't want to end up with more problems down the road...please advise!

·
Registered
81 Posts
shim under bucket valve train found in most DOHC motors have a manufacture recomended clearence between the camshaft and the valve train. thay use the shim to make adjustments to that clearence if the valve lash gets to big or small AKA tight or louse. the only real concern is the removal and instal of your camshaft. If the tech is experienced and has done this before he knows all the right things to do and not to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.