Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon my 04 Titan brocure and found something interesting. In the brocure it states that if you have the "Big Tow" package then your truck is equipped with VDC. I have an 05 and I can not find VDC anywhere in my truck. Was this changed for 05 models? Should I talk to the dealer about this if I don't have it to get it installed or workout something?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
This has come up many times... Sometimes the button was not installed on the console in some of the early trucks. It was a production faux pas. Yes, you should take it to the dealer and he should hook you up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't know what to think when I read the brocure and see something else in my truck. So does this mean that the button they put in will allow me to turn it on and off?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yes. You can then turn it on and off. It's nice to be able to control it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
tcf_dk said:
I stumbled upon my 04 Titan brocure and found something interesting. In the brocure it states that if you have the "Big Tow" package then your truck is equipped with VDC. I have an 05 and I can not find VDC anywhere in my truck. Was this changed for 05 models? Should I talk to the dealer about this if I don't have it to get it installed or workout something?
If you have the OR package with the E-LOCK, you don't get VDC. Back then, you could get one or the other depending on build date. E-LOCK was a late availability item. But yes...the brochure did claim the BT package included VDC.

·
Registered
662 Posts
So I should have VDC in my 05 2WD with the BT package? Well I guess I have to go talk to the dealer as well.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
If you have the OR package with the E-LOCK, you don't get VDC. Back then, you could get one or the other depending on build date. E-LOCK was a late availability item. But yes...the brochure did claim the BT package included VDC.
Not true. The truck out sitting in my driveway has the BT, OR with E-lock and VDC. It wasn't eliminated.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Not true. The truck out sitting in my driveway has the BT, OR with E-lock and VDC. It wasn't eliminated.
The truck sitting in your driveway isn't an 04 then. You couldn't get both on an 04 (or an 05 I believe)...which is what he's talking about.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well all I can say on this is that back in Jan of 04 my LE 4x4 off rd an tow did come with the VDC on the truck but there was no E-LOCK at that time.
Now my Jan 05 LE 4x4 with Tow an off rd did come with the E-LOCK but it did not come with the VDC option at the time the truck was built.

If I think back to 05 I do think they did offer both options on the off road 4x4's later in 05,thats what I recall. :)

Deep.

·
Registered
366 Posts
In '05 VDC came with the safety package. No safety package- no vdc.

Sometime between '04 and '05 Nissan changed to not include VDC with BT and offered the VDC only with the safety package (which included the side-curtain air bags).

There were 2 versions of the safety package, one with off road (which was a cheaper because it could not include VDC with the e-lock), and one without off road which did include VDC and was more expensive. If I remember correctly the safety package with the off road package was maybe $800 and if you did not have the off road package the safety package was around $1100. When I was purchasing my titan, I had to learn exactly which option came with the different combinations of packages. This was the only "strange" combination.

I have the BT, Off-road, and safety packages and do not have VDC because of the e-lock. Sometime later, possibly '06, VDC and e-lock could exist on the same vehicle.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
skohler said:
In '05 VDC came with the safety package. No safety package- no vdc.

Sometime between '04 and '05 Nissan changed to not include VDC with BT and offered the VDC only with the safety package (which included the side-curtain air bags).

There were 2 versions of the safety package, one with off road (which was a cheaper because it could not include VDC with the e-lock), and one without off road which did include VDC and was more expensive. If I remember correctly the safety package with the off road package was maybe $800 and if you did not have the off road package the safety package was around $1100. When I was purchasing my titan, I had to learn exactly which option came with the different combinations of packages. This was the only "strange" combination.

I have the BT, Off-road, and safety packages and do not have VDC because of the e-lock. Sometime later, possibly '06, VDC and e-lock could exist on the same vehicle.
What "safety package"? Never heard of it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
What "safety package"? Never heard of it.
HVT-
You are right, no such thing. The package is the "Side Air Bag Package". My salesman used "safety package" years ago and I assumed that was what it was called. Anyway, back in '05 (I'm looking at the brochure now) the air bag package contained Driver and front passenger seat mounted side impact air bags, roof-mounted curtain air bags for front and rear passengers, brake assist and VDC. The Vdc was deleted off of the package if the off-road package was also selected. I never actually saw any titans with this on the lot, I think there were a bunch of other options that had to be selected in order to add this (like sunroof, entertainment, maybe BT?).

Thanks for the correction
Steve

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
skohler said:
HVT-
You are right, no such thing. The package is the "Side Air Bag Package". My salesman used "safety package" years ago and I assumed that was what it was called. Anyway, back in '05 (I'm looking at the brochure now) the air bag package contained Driver and front passenger seat mounted side impact air bags, roof-mounted curtain air bags for front and rear passengers, brake assist and VDC. The Vdc was deleted off of the package if the off-road package was also selected. I never actually saw any titans with this on the lot, I think there were a bunch of other options that had to be selected in order to add this (like sunroof, entertainment, maybe BT?).

Thanks for the correction
Steve
So then the VDC would be deleted if you got the OR package right? Then that tells me the 05s couldn't have VDC and the E-LOCK together if I'm not mistaken. The ydid start allowing the two options on one truck but I think it was 06 or even 07.

·
Registered
366 Posts
HVT-

That's right- no VDC if you also had the off-road package in '05. This was according to the salesman and the online package selection way back when I was buying my titan 8/05. You would select one thing and it would delete a package or add other packages. Drove me nuts. I'm sure someone probably has the 2 together in an '05 and could just be a fluke.

Very soon after I bought mine, so probably '06, both were offered together. Don't know what the difference was that suddenly allowed both systems. The brochure did say something about brake assist as part of the side airbag pkg, not sure if I have that or not. Something about helping apply extra braking force under heavier loads.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts