Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, as I know this is a previous topic but there is a lot of conflicting information.

What is the consensus fool-proof way to get the VDC Slip lights off? Mine are on due to replacement of my Spiral Cable/Clock Spring. I re-installed the existing Steering Angle Sensor. Below are the methods I am aware of...

1. From Off position, start car and drive straight under 5mph for several hundred feet to re-calibrate
2. Unplug battery for 24 hrs
3. Must be re-programmed using the Consult 3 (I think that is what it is called).

I tried 1 and was not successful. Will try 2 but wanted advice 1st and want to make sure you guys don't think it will cause any other issues with the computerized systems.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I suppose no advice was great advice! I did NOTHING except ignore the lights for the past 3 + weeks! Much to my surprise when I started her up yesterday there was NO VDC/SLP Lights on ! So after 3 weeks and probably 1000 miles of driving the thing finally reset/recalibrated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I spoke too soon on my VDC SLIP lights. They stayed off for about a week but now come on but only intermittently. At each start-up, the truck goes through the normal routine of lights and the VDC SLIP lights (and all of the other warning lights) go off. At about 15-20 mins of driving the VDC/SLIP lights come on and stay on until I turn the truck off. Each time at startup they are off and if I take a short trip the lights won't come on at all.

Does this different behavior indicate a separate issue? Any Ideas??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Before you go down a rabbit hole, do the easy stuff first that doesn't cost anything. Pull the rear drums and clean the ABS sensors with brake cleaner. Do the same up front. When the sensors are covered with brake dust, **** and a grease, they will cause the SLIP issue. If that doesn't work then you have a problem directly related to the repair that was just prior to the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts