Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Lol you're funny, always trying to get a rise out of me. You very possibly could have beaten a V-max if he spun hella bad or only went half throttle or fell asleep at the start OR you have more mods than your profile says. I just don't believe a Titan on 35's beating a truck that is already faster stock for stock.
werd:werd:

·
Registered
69 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Lol you're funny, always trying to get a rise out of me. You very possibly could have beaten a V-max if he spun hella bad or only went half throttle or fell asleep at the start OR you have more mods than your profile says. I just don't believe a Titan on 35's beating a truck that is already faster stock for stock.

Testing the Vortec Max
Rated at 367 horsepower at 5,500 rpm, the Silverado's 6.0-liter offers the most horsepower in the class while torque is up to 375 pound-feet at 4,300 rpm. Only the Nissan Titan's 5.6-liter V8 offers more with its 385 lb-ft of torque at 3,400 rpm.

With those kinds of numbers and an as-tested weight of 5,466 pounds, the Silverado's acceleration is predictably swift. Our test truck ran from zero to 60 in 7.9 seconds and crossed the quarter-mile in 16 seconds at 86.4 mph. That's a couple ticks slower than the last Nissan Titan we tested to 60 mph, but the Silverado catches up by the end of the quarter-mile.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Vegas_Titan said:
Testing the Vortec Max
Rated at 367 horsepower at 5,500 rpm, the Silverado's 6.0-liter offers the most horsepower in the class while torque is up to 375 pound-feet at 4,300 rpm. Only the Nissan Titan's 5.6-liter V8 offers more with its 385 lb-ft of torque at 3,400 rpm.

With those kinds of numbers and an as-tested weight of 5,466 pounds, the Silverado's acceleration is predictably swift. Our test truck ran from zero to 60 in 7.9 seconds and crossed the quarter-mile in 16 seconds at 86.4 mph. That's a couple ticks slower than the last Nissan Titan we tested to 60 mph, but the Silverado catches up by the end of the quarter-mile.
you forgot to mention the 35"s...

·
Registered
682 Posts
vegastitan21 aint bullsh*****. i saw it...twice. he beat the vortec max worse the second time he raced. it was a max too. it had the emblem on the door. and it was an 07 (new bodystyle). i honeslty didnt think that vegas was going to beat it but sure enough he pulled on it. on the other hand i raced an extracab SS , he was all wheel drive so launched in 4wd. i pulled him until i shifted into third gear then he starts to pull back. i think he would get me in the quarter though. the races were awesome lastnight. we need to get more trucks out there titans,dodges, and chevys. i dont care for street racing that much but if someones starts to clown on my CC 4x4 its on.
nathan you need to come show off that timing advance haha j/k. it is fun to sit on the sidewalk and watch them dang quads race down sunset.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
HemiRam228 said:
false info in there son

·
Registered
682 Posts
35s might make me faster. it will drop my gear ratio a bit, put a little more of my power higher up in my rpm range

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd like a PM next time you guys step out to the street races.

I won't run, but I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
35s might make me faster. it will drop my gear ratio a bit, put a little more of my power higher up in my rpm range
I assure you 35's won't make you faster. Bigger tires equal several things.

One more unsprung weight. That rotational mass on the drive axle is a power killer! You are also almost 3 inches taller then stock. That's going to kill your final gear ratio.

Theres no way it would help in your upper RPM range where the Titans power begins to die.

·
Banned
343 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
went out again last night and beat: ext silverado 5.3 with exhaust , caprice, maxima 3.5, toyota x-runner, and a chevy blazer. haha eat my dust:hahafu:
so when u want to line em up? did you get ur timing advance yet? how bad did u take the silverado??

·
Banned
343 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
beat him by about a bus and a half both times
lol good job man. you think youll take me by that much?

·
Banned
343 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
naw i think were going to be neck and neck. im getting the advance tommorow morning so we can race whenever

i agree well i hope you notice a difference with that timing advance!

·
Banned
343 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
i hope so too. ive heard good things. im getting for 40 bucks so if i cant tell then who cares. lol
right on man 40 bucks isnt bad for a few hp boost. im sure youll notice it. start thinkin of when u wanna do it, this weekend is tied up w family and im leavin for utah next Friday. so anytime after that is good. just shoot me a pm i think dave wouldnt mind gettin in on this too...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
zo6freak said:
right on man 40 bucks isnt bad for a few hp boost. im sure youll notice it. start thinkin of when u wanna do it, this weekend is tied up w family and im leavin for utah next Friday. so anytime after that is good. just shoot me a pm i think dave wouldnt mind gettin in on this too...
same with clint, my other buddy wants in too. hes got a 5.9 dakota rt with a few mods

·
Banned
343 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
same with clint, my other buddy wants in too. hes got a 5.9 dakota rt with a few mods
thats awesome, i actually raced one of those 5.9 dakotas before my lift and tires and i walked him pretty well. all i could tell is that he had a LOUD exhaust that sounded mean. by 80 i had almost 2 trucks on him. you should race him and see how you do!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
zo6freak said:
thats awesome, i actually raced one of those 5.9 dakotas before my lift and tires and i walked him pretty well. all i could tell is that he had a LOUD exhaust that sounded mean. by 80 i had almost 2 trucks on him. you should race him and see how you do!!!
i raced him before he did his headers and new tires, i beat him then so i dunno about now.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts