Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any ideas on how to fix a vent knob for the air. The dial for the air temp works, but the vent power does not work. The air is constantly on high and can't get it to slow down. If anyone else has had this problem and has a fix or a probable cause, please do share. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It sounds like it might be the resistors that are used to control the fan speed. I had another vehicle whose fan started to only operate on high. Turns out that it was the resistor module that had burned out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it is the resistor, is that something I can fix myself, or do I need to bring it in to have it fixed. It would save alot of time and probably money if I can order the part and replace it myself. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
rrichardson27 said:
Any one have any ideas on how to fix a vent knob for the air. The dial for the air temp works, but the vent power does not work. The air is constantly on high and can't get it to slow down. If anyone else has had this problem and has a fix or a probable cause, please do share. Thanks alot.
The first 08 I drove was an SE and it had its fan stuck on high right off the lot! I say let the dealer worry about it if it's under warranty.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Warranty it

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Were you able to fix this. My fan-speed knob stopped working. I was thinking of taking it apart and seeing if I could fix it myself. $230+ for the whole replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts