Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 5 days ago I noticed a vibration under light acceleration in my Titan kingcab. It begins around 10mph to about 15mph then goes away but comes back again from about 30-35mph then goes away again over 40mph. I thought maybe I had irregular wear on my front tires so I wasn't worried about it because two days earlier I had ordered another pair of Wrangler SRAs for the rear and was going to move the one year old rears to the front. However when replacing them on Saturday it didn't change anything. I bought the truck 3.5 years ago with 76k miles and immediately changed the diff fluid and paid a Nissan dealer to flush the tranny. Both should still be good for at least another 25-30k miles. I can't quite tell if it's coming from the rear or the front. Last week I thought it was the front but now I'm not sure after the new tires. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How does the steering feel overall? Loose, tight does it respond right away or does it seem to delay on one or both sides. Are you constantly adjusting the steering wheel? Is it drifting to one side constantly

Have you had an alignment done? Road force balanced and above all else a proper one many garages will say they did one but don’t do it properly. Should take 1 1/2 hours or so so if it is done in less than an hour I would be concerned they even did it.

I am having issues with my 2012 right now that has 110,000 miles on it I have replaced pretty much every front suspension part there is except one upper control arm and the springs. I am starting to think my rack and pinion is the issue. Really rough over bumps and steering wheel moves way to easy sometimes both when I steer and when I hit bumps. I am constantly adjusting to center even on highways. Being the part is 500-1,000 dollars and I have already sunk 3,000 into the truck chasing the crappy ride I am about ready to buy a new truck with the 84 mos. 0% interest right now. Only thing is I have an SL and can’t afford much more than a Nicky loaded SV or lower Pro4X. Don’t get me wrong I’d take either but once you own a vehicle with every bell and whistle it’s hard to go back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering is fine. If was steering rack it would trammel down the road especially at higher speeds. It only occurs between 10-30mph. My friend thinks it’s either the harmonic balancer or cooling fan.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I highly doubt it's the harmonic or the cooling fan. Might possibly be the fan clutch, but again, I doubt you feel that in acceleration. Better chance it's a u-joint or trans mount starting to go or maybe a front CV axle if you're 4wd.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly doubt it's the harmonic or the cooling fan. Might possibly be the fan clutch, but again, I doubt you feel that in acceleration. Better chance it's a u-joint or trans mount starting to go or maybe a front CV axle if you're 4wd.
Not 4 wheel drive. Yeah could possibly be an engine or tranny mount. Don’t u joints typically make a clinking noise when going bad?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Sometimes they do, but sometimes they don't. Worth rolling under the truck to check the driveshaft.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the truck at Discount Tire today and the tires are all balanced properly and no movement in the front suspension...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Only other thing I could think is maybe add some 2deg shims to the rear leaf springs to correct your pinion angle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts