Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock '08 SE with 37k that has a vibration and horible noise that occurs only when I let off the gas at around 35-40 mph. It does not occur if I am accelerating through the range, only when I stop accelerating and maintain speed or just coast. The noise almost sounds like vibrating metal on metal. I thought it was the skid plate covering the fuel tank, but can't see where it is contacting another piece of metal to cause the noise...Thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
mine has the same thing, it occurs between 1400 and 1500 rpms when i'm holding it constant. driving me crazy just need to find time when i can have somebody help me find it. see if you can make yours do it by power braking it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mine is at about the same range. I was able to replicate it while power braking so I will get a buddy to help me out this weekend. I'll let you know what I find. I hadn't thought of trying it that way.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Look on the inside of the drivers side framerail about center of the truck. there is a shield that covers the rear brake lines that is probably bent in toward the frame. If you "pluck" your finger on the heat shields and rock guards you will hear what it would sound like if it were rattling/vibrating. Ex...high pitch "pluck" = high pitch rattle ect...

Thats where mine was.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that I just figured it out. At the front of the fuel tank there is a brace that holds the skid plate and the fuel tank, the skid plate was "rattling" against the brace on the drivers side. I bent it down slightly and have not yet been able to duplicate the "noise". Hopefully this fixes it. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts