Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 1st Titan in Nov 2010 with 30,000 miles, it's an 08. I have a vibration around 45 mph. Tried balancing wheels/tires - even changed wheels and tires. Dealership said it was an inherent problem with the torque converter on 08 Titans and could not be fixed. Anybody else with this problem? If so, what did you do? I am at a loss. I like the vehicle and cannot accept that every 08 Titan has this issue.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Purchased 1st Titan in Nov 2010 with 30,000 miles, it's an 08. I have a vibration around 45 mph. Tried balancing wheels/tires - even changed wheels and tires. Dealership said it was an inherent problem with the torque converter on 08 Titans and could not be fixed. Anybody else with this problem? If so, what did you do? I am at a loss. I like the vehicle and cannot accept that every 08 Titan has this issue.
Mine does it, usually around 55 is the worst then around 70-75 ( the two speeds I drive the most, which sucks ). Mine has always had a slight vibration, but got worse after this last set of tires were installed....they've been rebalanced and rotated 3 time in the past 3 months, and no real change. I was convinced I had 1-2 tires out of round, but now after reading this I'm not so sure...this is the first I've heard of the torque converter issue, so I'm curious to see what comes of this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read a related thread that said he had the same problem around 35mph. He said the dealership replaced the "center supprt bearing rubber mount" because it was cracked and then they had a Nissan corp tech look at it who recommended shims for the driveshaft. He said it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
my 08 doesnt have a vibration, smooth even at 115mph

·
Registered
423 Posts
my 08 doesnt have a vibration, smooth even at 115mph
LOL, yeah that's the funny part....at 118mph, she's smooth as silk but around 55 or 70-75 not so much. Mine seems to be worse when the tires are cold like in the morning going to work...after I drive a few miles it gets better. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to see what they can figure out.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have an '08 as well but mine rides as smooth as a babys rear. Just out of curiosity, when does the vibration occur; accelerating, decelerating, braking etc.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
or its how the wheel is installed causing the fron rotors to warp and the wheel improperly torqued
sometime I get a vibration and what i do is 180 out the wheel, that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The vibration is while driving 43 to 48 mph - not braking or accelerating. 2nd dealership has it now because the 1st dealership was completely incompetent. They are changing/servicing the rear rotors but I am not confident that is the issue. They have checked the u joints without luck. If the rotors don't fix the problem, they're sending a corporate tech. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LOL, yeah that's the funny part....at 118mph, she's smooth as silk but around 55 or 70-75 not so much. Mine seems to be worse when the tires are cold like in the morning going to work...after I drive a few miles it gets better. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to see what they can figure out.
Did you find out the problem? I have an 2006 with 60,000 and its doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2011 Titan in July 2012 with 15,000 miles. I had the worst vibration in the world but assumed it was the terrible OEM tires that I had read about. So I sucked it up till tire time.

Purchased tires in April and the vibration was there as soon as I left but then on some days it would disappear. You could watch the passengers arm rest just shaking and could feel it in the arm rest when it wasn't so bad. Soda's in the drink holder on a 3 hour trip, FLAT.

Replaced the shocks myself with 5100's, 2nd perch, due to the plan to by a travel trailer. The OEM shocks road like a caddy with the Nitto's on, those are some heavy tires!!!!!!! Still same issue.

So recently I bought a boat and just didn't have time to change my fluids, I am at 30,000 miles. So I took it to the dealer, kept mentioning the vibration, not as bad as before but it's there. I sucked it up and had the dealer replace all lower fluids; front, rear, transfer case, high and low gear all with synthetic.

Guess what vibration is totally gone! Truck rides as smooth as can be!

PS - First post ever and I just want to thank everyone for the tips, tricks, how-to's. I know how frustrating the vibration is and I wanted to let you all know.:hi:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having an issue that a vibration occurs and then the ABS, Slip and traction control light comes on and stays on. THe vibration is intermittent but sounds bad and its like it wants to stop the truck. If I park it for a while I get back in and the lights go out and it drives fine for a while and then it happens again. Any ideas? Its a 2010 Titan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds like an abs sensor is going bad or whatever component the sensor sends the signal to is going bad. can you tell if the brakes are being applied
inspect all of the sensors for damage and the wire harness they connect too.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Warped rotors maybe or maybe the parking brake has fallen to pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts