Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says my 2006 Titan KC idles at 650 in park/neutral and dips to 550 in drive and this causes surges of vibrations at
stop signs and lights when you have your foot on the brake and the car is in drive. I have seen similar post where many members say they
have the same issue. If I shift in neutral at a light or stop sign it goes away immediately but from my research I know that my idle is where it should be
650 for idle in park and 550 for in gear. Any one else experience this? The truck is new to me and I have done a ton of work to it already and this is one of the last
things that is on my list. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Check your trans mount and motor mounts. Might just be worn in harmonics in the truck from age, though. My 2011 has some quirks now that it's getting a little older, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
  • I'd double what dubyam said about checking mounts. On a truck that old if they have never been changed, they're probably due. Also, you don't mention the mileage on the truck, but again, considering the age, it's possible the lockup torque converter isn't disengaging fully, causing the surging feeling. That's a little more spendy fix, and could also be an electronic issue, but doable either yourself or reasonable at a reputable shop. Along those same lines, a fluid & filter change may be due & might help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  • I'd double what dubyam said about checking mounts. On a truck that old if they have never been changed, they're probably due. Also, you don't mention the mileage on the truck, but again, considering the age, it's possible the lockup torque converter isn't disengaging fully, causing the surging feeling. That's a little more spendy fix, and could also be an electronic issue, but doable either yourself or reasonable at a reputable shop. Along those same lines, a fluid & filter change may be due & might help.
It has 150k on it and it's weird it doesn't do it to the same extent at every stop light. I feel as an incline causes it which makes me think its more driveline related because it may be loading up. But then again it could just be a engine resonance issue. I can't pin point it, I may trust the Fiancee to put it in drive and brake then I will crawl under it and feel for vibration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts