Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Titan on order. The other day my salesman left me a message and told me that he now has a VIN for my truck and a delivery date of April 23. At what point does Nissan give a Titan it's VIN? I ask because I wonder if this means that my Titan is built and perhaps I can expect it early.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it means you've moved from a pile of orders to a place on the assembly line, or the line to get on the assembly line. Basically you now have a serial number, it is a reality. :hat:

·
Registered
740 Posts
geece1 said:
I think it means you've moved from a pile of orders to a place on the assembly line, or the line to get on the assembly line. Basically you now have a serial number, it is a reality. :hat:
Ya, thats what I thought. I was given a VIN # and told the truck was shipped - never got here!! I was just told yesterday that my new truck was being assembled this week - but they don't have a VIN#. It is different in Canada I guess!
:crying:

·
Registered
232 Posts
KEANE;

Funny you should pop up...

As I typed my reply above I was thinking about your situation and thought about a Canadian discalimer. :jester:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Titan VIN number

militia_man said:
I have a Titan on order. The other day my salesman left me a message and told me that he now has a VIN for my truck and a delivery date of April 23. At what point does Nissan give a Titan it's VIN? I ask because I wonder if this means that my Titan is built and perhaps I can expect it early.
The factory Puts the first VIN number on the right hand front seat support member (under the carpet) while the steel is being assembled. This will happen the first day of your Titan's existence. About two or three days later, it will come out a complete vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
TitanBodyGuy said:
The factory Puts the first VIN number on the right hand front seat support member (under the carpet) while the steel is being assembled. This will happen the first day of your Titan's existence. About two or three days later, it will come out a complete vehicle.
Any chance you know of the other 15-20 places they place the VIN on the truck?

·
Registered
211 Posts
They called me with my VIN on a Tuesday and I received my Titan the next week on Saturday. Won't be long now, so hang in there!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does that mean that my truck is actually built or do they assign VIN's to trucks that are scheduled for production even before they are built?

·
Registered
20 Posts
rrumaner said:
I know one other place. The right side of the bellhousing of the transmission.

TitanBodyGuy, it's nice to see a fellow NNA-Canton tech online. :hi:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Titan Tech said:
I know one other place. The right side of the bellhousing of the transmission.

TitanBodyGuy, it's nice to see a fellow NNA-Canton tech online. :hi:
Hmm, all we need is someone from paint...

·
Registered
10 Posts
rrumaner said:
My favorite spot is in the passenger side mirror. It is encoded into the words "Objects may be closer than they appear".

Ok, before anyone goes looking, that was a joke.

Sorry, I realized that it may not be beneficial to the people that BUY their Titans if I share more of this type of info. :gunz:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
TitanBodyGuy said:
My favorite spot is in the passenger side mirror. It is encoded into the words "Objects may be closer than they appear".

Ok, before anyone goes looking, that was a joke.

Sorry, I realized that it may not be beneficial to the people that BUY their Titans if I share more of this type of info. :gunz:
Almost had me there :jester:

I wouldn't put it past anyone to figure out how to encode the VIN in the paint however. They have already figured out how to encode DNA into paint, so why not numbers. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts