Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I purchased a "2006" LE, but am kind of curious if its really an 07 since the born on date was 08/06. I have checked around and the best thing I have found was at this website, but it only goes up to 2005's. Is there anywhere I can check my vin to see the real year for it? Thanks

w w w . courtesyparts.com/specs/vin . html

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
On vehicles if the manufactured date is July or later, than it is classified as the next year. Example if it was made on 7/10/06, it would be an 07 model. If it was made 5/10/06, than it would be an 06.. Hope this helps

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigfinderman said:
On vehicles if the manufactured date is July or later, than it is classified as the next year. Example if it was made on 7/10/06, it would be an 07 model. If it was made 5/10/06, than it would be an 06.. Hope this helps
Thank you Bigg's thats what I thought.

Now onto the next question. All the paperwork from the dealer, and insurance classified it as an 06, Is this going to be a problem, or just keep to myself and remember when I buy the parts?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem. If anything arises, all they will do is look at the vin and it will read the same as what they have on file.. You should be fine. Just remember it when your buying parts and performance accessories! :cheers:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigfinderman said:
It shouldn't be a problem. If anything arises, all they will do is look at the vin and it will read the same as what they have on file.. You should be fine. Just remember it when your buying parts and performance accessories! :cheers:

Thats why it was brought to my attention. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Anytime bro... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
One way you can verify is by looking at the exhaust at the bottom. On 07-08 you should see seperate piping going into your muffler if it's the OEM exhaust on your truck. I could be wrong but my 07 exhaust is different than an 06 stock. And also I believe somewhere in your VIN it will have a code or something letting you know the year of your truck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nihlism said:
8th # in from the right is the year. 7=2007 6=2006 ect.
whoohoo its an 06 with 10k miles not an 07. Thanks all for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts