Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a big issue on my Nissan Titan. It's a 2006, it has brand new bilstein 5100s on the front end, brand new rack and pinion, outer tie rods, upper control arms and new ujoints. Now when I get up to now 20mph (before it was about 30-35mph) it violently jerks left and right uncontrollably and quickly. It has been aligned and balanced. It's been in a shop for close to 4 months with no improvement. Nobody can figure out WTH is going on. Can anyone here help me with this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm no Titan expert as I'm very new here, but I have had a lot of similar issues with other vehicles. I feel your pain after throwing all those parts at it trying to figure it out. Knowing what I know with the parts you've replaced, I'd look at two things. First, is the power steering pump working well, fully bled, with a tight belt and no issues? Like it's not sucking air in anywhere? Second, I would start at the new rack and work my way up the steering column all the way into the cab. Lots of splines and u-joints and clamps I'm sure that connect the steering to the rack. IF all that checked out I'd maybe consider wheel bearings, warped/cracked wheel, bad tire, or something of that nature.

Also, if it's been in the same shop for 4 months, I'd maybe consider towing it somewhere else. Like I said, I'm no titan expert. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, and this just popped into my head, could be a bad caliper or warped rotor that is "grabbing" and causing the issue. But again, it's hard to diagnose from my laptop screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
RuckSack
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing