Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What I don't quite get is... if you have all this knowledge, access to tools, welders, garages with lifts for extended periods of time, and are bound and determined to do this, why in the hell would you come onto a forum and ask if it can be done when the two vehicles don't even exist in the same realm? It's pretty much a really HIGH chance that no one has ever successfully made this swap. Seems just like a troll thread to me...
I was asking if anyone else has done this, were still looking for tuning info we know a stock swap is possible since the ranger and frontier are very similar and people have done crazier things like shoehorn the viper V10 into the Dodge ram with a manual, were looking for the tuning info for the map, that's what is hard to find, NA is what we know but we need to know limits and we only have one VK56 rn were sourcing more so we can test limits and blow them up

·
Premium Member
70,160 Posts
I was asking if anyone else has done this, were sourcing more so we can test limits and blow them up
Like I said, many have tried, all have failed. Blow them up seems to be the result of these mods. If you want to go after a Hellcat, use a Hellcat engine. At least you'll have aftermarket support. With that, I'm out of this discussion. Go a different direction, or waste a lot of good money and time for nothing.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Why would this be the dumbest thing, in only looking to make around 525HP for offroading, we go mud bogging here and I love the sound of this motor
Why? Are you that obtuse?

1.) You are trying to match an engine and tranny to a totally different brand of vehicle and nothing will match up.
2.) You don't need 525hp to go off roading or mud bogging.
3.) Even though money isn't an issue, it isn't money well spent.
4.) Read all of the reasons by others posted in this thread.

You are better off rebuilding a Titan. Putting a Titan Engine in a Ford Ranger has zero benefits.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Why? Are you that obtuse?

1.) You are trying to match an engine and tranny to a totally different brand of vehicle and nothing will match up.
2.) You don't need 525hp to go off roading or mud bogging.
3.) Even though money isn't an issue, it isn't money well spent.
4.) Read all of the reasons by others posted in this thread.

You are better off rebuilding a Titan. Putting a Titan Engine in a Ford Ranger has zero benefits.
I don't have the space for a Titan where I live it's part of the HOA rules, if i get a Titan I have to tear down my back wall and park it in the back yard and the shop always has cars coming in for service n stuff, 2nd I struggled pulling an s10 out of deep sand in a wash with a turbocharged duratec 2.3 and low gears 4x4 the extra torque from the 5.6 would've been really nice and the fuel econemy from that motor outclasses stuff like the Windsor 5.0 and 5.8 and the Chevies

·
Premium Member
70,160 Posts
VK56 and fuel economy have never went together.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
With stock road tires and always using the manual shift option I was able to get about 22-23 mpg on avg and rough day about 19 and that was an o6 titan
I could never get over 17 mpg with my triton 5.4 , 300 l6 Chevy 350 or vortec 350 and both Chevies were manuals with 3.55 diffs

·
Premium Member
70,160 Posts
You are a dreamer. It's getting deep in here.

Reactions: noel55

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
You are a dreamer. It's getting deep in here.
Well I thought about what everyone said and maybe just do a cam and ITBs, make what 380HP and with the 3200 pound ranger get like 24-26 mpg? The Titan was base model, 4 wheel drive and full-size 4 door with power window

·
Premium Member
70,160 Posts
No way in hell you averaged 22 mpg in a 06 Titan. I'm raising the BS flag on that one...

pyVqRq2.gif

·
Premium Member
20,534 Posts
I had a very high MPG Titan. I think my very best MPG was 22 and I saw that twice in ten years. There's no way I could average that MPG.

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I live where traffic ain't packed and generally flat, also close to sea level, and speed limit is 55, I have a light foot 80% of the time and I had street tires, and the route I take to work only has 3 stop lights for 40 miles, I've long since sold the truck in 2016 to a Ford dealer an f250 6.7, I put in a magnaflow exhuast, and summer tires , have a soft top bed cover, always kept bed and cab empty

·
Registered
306 Posts
on my way to NY from VT I get close to 19.5 (210) miles, needle sitting at half a tank from full at the beginning of the trip...and that is at speed of around 70MPH.....however by the time I come back home to VT...it is back down to 17 like normal.

This is an 05 CC 205K miles, new plugs, coils, exhaust, a/f sensors, evap purge valve all recently done before this most recent trip.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I don't have the space for a Titan where I live it's part of the HOA rules, if i get a Titan I have to tear down my back wall and park it in the back yard and the shop always has cars coming in for service n stuff, 2nd I struggled pulling an s10 out of deep sand in a wash with a turbocharged duratec 2.3 and low gears 4x4 the extra torque from the 5.6 would've been really nice and the fuel econemy from that motor outclasses stuff like the Windsor 5.0 and 5.8 and the Chevies
Just how redneck are you?

It would be cheaper for you to buy/rent a new place to live that has space to park a Titan vs. trying to this frankenstein Titan/Ford Ranger mish mash thingy.

·
Premium Member
75,006 Posts
Just how redneck are you?

It would be cheaper for you to buy/rent a new place to live that has space to park a Titan vs. trying to this frankenstein Titan/Ford Ranger mish mash thingy.
I disagree mostly because I want to see this happen mostly because at the end of this journey we'll all be able to run turbos and I've had a wet dream about a twin turbo Titan for 15 years.

but if we're dreaming I'd just as well take that 60k and buy a GT-R.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have yet to see a Tesla beat a 2Jzrunning meth and 52 psi, we got ahold if 2 more vk56 but one is a 2013 the other is a 2016, we're gonna take them all apart and compare them and see the differences and go from there

·
Premium Member
70,160 Posts
Please continue to post. You are just not gonna listen, so I'll be here taunting you in the background...

giphy (8).gif

41 - 60 of 86 Posts