Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,651 Posts
:unsure:

This guy tried everything and spent who knows how many thousands of dollars.

·
Premium Member
74,159 Posts
:unsure:

This guy tried everything and spent who knows how many thousands of dollars.
he spent at least 30k.... so if you double that it's gotta work!

·
Premium Member
68,651 Posts
But he's got a junkyard full of candidates! He'll disappear like all the other dreamers soon, and the VK56 will be the biggest pile of crap. It's obvious he hasn't done any research on this project. This is just another LS engine build with tons of aftermarket support...not. He might have better luck selling this idea to the FB brainiacs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I already said i dont want to hear the negatives I just want the positives, if you don't have anything useful then there is no point in commenting

·
Premium Member
68,651 Posts
There are no positives.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Keep it up, man. I want to see it happen. I'm on the nay-sayers side on trying to boost a VK56, but if you want to do it and can afford to do it have at it. It's your money and time, not theirs. Just swapping the VK into a Ranger is going to give good power to weight ratio. My truck's not dyno'd, but my butt dyno tells me mine is in the neighborhood of these newer trucks with the 390HP engines (Titan and RAM, 2015 or older Titan doesn't stand a chance). That's just with CAI, exhaust, and tune. 400-ish HP in a 3500 pound truck is making some moves.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Keep it up, man. I want to see it happen. I'm on the nay-sayers side on trying to boost a VK56, but if you want to do it and can afford to do it have at it. It's your money and time, not theirs. Just swapping the VK into a Ranger is going to give good power to weight ratio. My truck's not dyno'd, but my butt dyno tells me mine is in the neighborhood of these newer trucks with the 390HP engines (Titan and RAM, 2015 or older Titan doesn't stand a chance). That's just with CAI, exhaust, and tune. 400-ish HP in a 3500 pound truck is making some moves.
We're gonna start with 4-5 psi per bank, nothing crazy, and dual intercoolers, gonna try and make a new pcm with a writeable pcm to put in so that we can ignore a lot of unnecessary stuff like tranny info and such since it's mounting to a manual trans

·
Registered
53 Posts
The whole point is something different and new, coyote swaps been done, ls done, 5.0 etc.....
It'll be different alright. VK56 guys are scratching their head "like why'd he use a VK56".. and other guys are scratching their head "what's a VK56"..

I'm going to set a reminder in my calendar to check this thread in a year to see pics.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
It'll be different alright. VK56 guys are scratching their head "like why'd he use a VK56".. and other guys are scratching their "what's a VK56"..

I'm going to set a reminder in my calendar to check this thread in a year to see pics.
Ant specific year I'd wiring harness should watch out for and avoid or they are all the same just about

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Ant specific year I'd wiring harness should watch out for and avoid or they are all the same just about
Pretty sure if you just make sure you stay consistent with the VK56 generations you're good, but I'm not as much of a gearhead as some others on this thread.

·
Premium Member
74,159 Posts
IIRC the 2004 is different than the 2005-06. In 2007 they made the intake manifold bigger and added VVT. I think the hard part is going to be having the VK sensors to talk to whatever you decided to use for stand alone engine management.

Some guys have modded the intake and run a 90mm throttle body.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
IIRC the 2004 is different than the 2005-06. In 2007 they made the intake manifold bigger and added VVT. I think the hard part is going to be having the VK sensors to talk to whatever you decided to use for stand alone engine management.

Some guys have modded the intake and run a 90mm throttle body.
Im looking over the engines and do you think I should just put standard sprockets in that match and just make the motor non vvt? For start I will but for the final product?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
This is the ranger were gonna drop it in, we have a shop here that will make the bell housing and driveshaft to fit the Ford 8.8 4.10 LSD , we will be spending the next month reinforcing the frame with I 4040 steel bars and aluminum tubing
I'm currently pulling the motor out it's the Lima 2.5 , gonna put that into a little side by side frame we made and up the compression to 11.2 minimum

61 - 80 of 86 Posts