Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a "core" engine off craigslist and I might be willing to part it out depending on if there is interest or not.

Here are the good parts off the engine. Engine has 38k on it with spun rod bearings. I looked up most of these parts on courtseyparts and have priced these to be 1/2 the cost of buying them new. make offers on anything really.

Both heads in perfect shape. $150 each obo
All 8 pistons and pins. good shape. $20 each obo
Timing chain components make offer??
Front cover $75 obo
The camshaft sprocket access covers $10 each
Crankshaft pulley $100 obo
Valve covers (brand new looking) $20 each obo
Camshafts $50 each, with sprockets or if you buy the heads ill make some kind of deal.
Aluminum upper oil pan and steel lower oil pan $60obo.

Let me know if there is anything on the engine that I might not have listed.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine is out of an 04. I saw the dudes odometer and it really only had 38k before the engine was replaced. Spun rod bearings due to clogged pump or screen but I went through the heads and they are still in perfect shape, so the damage was only isolated to the crank. The block is still good, I wouldn't be surprised if I just replaced the crank and associated damaged rods and reassemble the engine and run it, but I think it'll be a long time before my engine goes out for whatever reason and a vk probably won't go back in it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the problem, i've searched all over the freaking web and cant find aftermarket cranks or a reasonably priced good one or oversized bearings. I still have a buddy that owns a machine shop I need to talk to. Maybe he can get the needed parts and grind the crank, but the spun bearing seems to have ground down the surface pretty far, I wouldn't be surprised if it needs to be welded. If thats the case then its not worth it to me. But if I can get rid of the majority of these parts then i'll tempt me to do a diesel swap :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts