Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I installed my VKPRO last week and and In that time my SES light came on twice, both times it was blinking and I hooked my truck up to Uprevs Chiper software and it said the codes where P0300 and P0335. I am going to the dealer soon to see what they mean but I was wondering if anyone already knew what these codes mean or if anyone else as had these problems. If its the VKPRO causing this I will just send it back, not worth it to me. btw the first light came on the afternoon i installed it and the second light came on about an hour ago on my way home, both lights only stayed on about 15 seconds. thanks again guys.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
P0300 Random Misfire Detected
P0335 CKP Sensor Circuit Malfunction...crankshaft position sensor

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been running 93 in it and ya that sounds bad going to take it out and bring it to the dealer monday. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Do You Think Its Because You Had The Uprev Done And Then The Vkpro According To Kyle You Can Only Have The Vkpro Or The Uprev Not Both

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a friend of mine that has the vkpro and he has had his ses light come on a few times. he also said that with the vkpro installed it felt like the truck lost the bottom end. he has talked to kyle but i am not sure of the out come yet. i can tell you that he is not very impressed with the vkpro.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
Do You Think Its Because You Had The Uprev Done And Then The Vkpro According To Kyle You Can Only Have The Vkpro Or The Uprev Not Both
He is only using the Cipher to data log, the Cipher is not a tune.

Look like P0300 is multiple cylinder misfire.

For a list of ODB2 code for the Titan you can go here.
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Common/codes3.htm

Do you have the 2* timing advance? Supposed to remove it with VK Pro.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've never heard of anyone having a random misfire or anything along those lines. So I don't really know what to say about that.

The 0335 is no big deal. We have a quick and easy fix for it. Give me a call on Monday and we will get it corrected.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Gregcrzy said:
Ok I installed my VKPRO last week and and In that time my SES light came on twice, both times it was blinking and I hooked my truck up to Uprevs Chiper software and it said the codes where P0300 and P0335. I am going to the dealer soon to see what they mean but I was wondering if anyone already knew what these codes mean or if anyone else as had these problems. If its the VKPRO causing this I will just send it back, not worth it to me. btw the first light came on the afternoon i installed it and the second light came on about an hour ago on my way home, both lights only stayed on about 15 seconds. thanks again guys.

Just curious if you have done any exhaust work lately or you messed with the primary o2's? I have thrown a P0300 in the past but that was only because my drivers bank o2 came disconnected from a broken connector after header work....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put my flowmasters on about a month after I bought the truck which was in may of 06 and an intake the month after that,its never thrown a light. Other than that I advanced the timing with Chiper but set it back to stock after I preordered my VKPro and checked it serveral times to make sure it was at stock and right before I installed the VKPro. I will go to the dealer monday to see what nissan says then call kyle at stillen. But i have been good to my truck, its never been to the track (prolly never will) and i dont run it hard i just like the sound of my exhuast and having alittle extra power. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Have you ever changed your spark plugs?? Or re-gapped them?? They are a very common issue for misfires. Also, run some injector cleaner through. Also a common misfire problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
stillens quality has kinda seemed to drop to me. I have kinda been in the nissan scene for a while. had a 92 sentra SE-R with a JDM blue bird swap, and the products stillen was putting out then was getting handled by Jim Wolfe. then I had an 05 SE-R spec-v, and stillen has a 'piggy back' for those, that is widely considered a joke for those cars. Im just not impressed with anything they are doing lately.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
bigboi said:
stillens quality has kinda seemed to drop to me. I have kinda been in the nissan scene for a while. had a 92 sentra SE-R with a JDM blue bird swap, and the products stillen was putting out then was getting handled by Jim Wolfe. then I had an 05 SE-R spec-v, and stillen has a 'piggy back' for those, that is widely considered a joke for those cars. Im just not impressed with anything they are doing lately.
and this post helps out how? Stillen quality and customer service have been great the times i've dealt with Stillen!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hooligan said:
and this post helps out how? Stillen quality and customer service have been great the times i've dealt with Stillen!

it was a statement with the basis that these problems that keep popping up, along with 'meh' reviews is no surprise. customer service might be good, but thats not what your paying for. I want a product that performs and doest it properly

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Just so you know if you have a cylinder misfire code you can use cipher to determine which cylinder is misfiring by using the cylinder test feature. You can turn off each cylinder and listen for the change in rpm or motor stammer. If it is a bad plug you can isolate it using the on/off feature one cylinder at a time. The place where you click the cylinder off and the motor does not studder is the cylinder that you need to go check. Just pull the plug and see if the grounding strap is bent over touching the electrode or if the plugs electrode is missing. BUt before doing any of that make sure your ignitors are firmly connected to the valve cover and plugs.

good luck.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
greg, what's the word? my SES light JUST came on today. gonna have to call Kyle and go from there. after the light came on, stopped at the nearest JITB to get some grub and a soda, came out, went to start her up and she just turned over but wouldn't fire up. weird... then i stopped trying, waited a few seconds, then turned the key and voila, it fired up quickly, BUT..... the check engine light came back... so, should i reset it and hope it doesn't come back or get the code pulled at Autozone? i'm ready to reset the fugger but i'm curious as to the code that was thrown... hmmmmm, i was pleased with the power up till today... fuggin' codes, SES lights, etc. doesn't exactly make one's day!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
hooligan said:
greg, what's the word? my SES light JUST came on today. gonna have to call Kyle and go from there. after the light came on, stopped at the nearest JITB to get some grub and a soda, came out, went to start her up and she just turned over but wouldn't fire up. weird... then i stopped trying, waited a few seconds, then turned the key and voila, it fired up quickly, BUT..... the check engine light came back... so, should i reset it and hope it doesn't come back or get the code pulled at Autozone? i'm ready to reset the fugger but i'm curious as to the code that was thrown... hmmmmm, i was pleased with the power up till today... fuggin' codes, SES lights, etc. doesn't exactly make one's day!!!
Don't clear unless your in limp mode but dont be flooring it until you know the code and cause.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
RB's Titan said:
Don't clear unless your in limp mode but dont be flooring it until you know the code and cause.
[email protected], guess i'll go to autozone and get it pulled b4 going home... i'm debating taking the module off for now since i'll more than likely be sending it in to get flashed, fixed or updated... don't know if i wanna go offroading with the chances of the vkpro lighting up my dash again... [email protected]!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It is most likely the po335 code. I had the VKpro installed on wednesday and by the time I got home the service light was on. Nissan says its the crank postion sensor so I then go to stillen and have them reflash it. Just like before I stop and eat, crank her up and bam service light on. I talked to kyle and I am going to stillen on tuesday to have new one flashed for my mods. Hopefully it is just because of the 35" tires that it is going off and the new flash will work out because I like the power it is giving me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts