Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know whether installing some of the CAI's void the new vehicle warranty???

As I read what I have read, looks like the aftermarket item must be proven to be the specific cause of a failure to let Nissan off the hook....

just curious????

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I bought a NISMO CAI.
THe parts guy said it would not void the warranty.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm sure Jerseyparts or one of the other dealer/members of TT can answer specifically, but I believe you have the correct info: Nissan has to prove any mod is THE cause of the failure. Otherwise, they have to cover it.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
More than likely the Mass air flow sensor will be void. It shouldn't affect anything else under the hood...as far as I know. There are a lot of threads about this in the search menu.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My Nissan Dealer sells and installs K&N CAI. And it's been about 60K miles since I've had mine, with no problems.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Only bad part is that they can say the cai caused a lot of different problems you might have and even though the cai had nothing to do with the problem how do you prove them wrong.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
If you had any idling or acceleration problems later, you can always put the stock intake back on before you take it in. It only takes about 30 mins to switch back and bypass any dealer bullshyt.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The short answer is no. Can they void it?...sure...do they?, I've never heard of a CAI doing so. My advice to anyone with a CAI and oiled cone filter?....invest in a can of "CDC MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR CLEANER". and use it at every oil change. It keeps the sensor clean and avoids sensor failure due to a dirty sensor. It will keep you over-oilers out of the crapper.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just point-blank asked my service manager at the dealer I go to for service. I was told that the Nissmo, Fram Boost and the K&N had the blessings of the service gods.
Keep in mind that was one dealer's approval.

Like Sudden Urge said, keep the stock intake "just in case".

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Just keep your Original and change them out if something happens, they will never know. S&B and the Brute Force are the ones that I am looking at, they seem to have the best responses from people and produce the best results.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
With the AEM there are no worries about your mass airflow sensor since it is a dry filter.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
helomech said:
With the AEM there are no worries about your mass airflow sensor since it is a dry filter.
I have a airaid which is oiled can I just swap the filter with a dry one instead of buying a whole new cai?Thanks.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
SKEET said:
I have a airaid which is oiled can I just swap the filter with a dry one instead of buying a whole new cai?Thanks.
You should be able to. Just measure the opening and visit aem website see if it is the same as yours.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
The dealer where I purchased my Titan said that aftermarket intake and exhaust would not violate the warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all; I feel, as someone said, 99.9% certain that no problems with a warranty claim would arise due to my having a CAI on my truck...

Thanks again..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts