Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I installed my Volant CAI the other day and the next day I went to install the ram that I purchased as well. Now when I went to try to remove the bolts for the tow hook, I came to a screaching halt. For some reason or other, the bolts seem to be welded in place. I tried everything I could with regular tools to try to remove it like using a box wrench and a hammer to try to tap it out and just put all my strength into it. Mind you I'm not a small guy and usually can remove most nuts and bolts as long as they're not torqued a ridiculous amount. Is that the case here though with my tow hook bolts? Am I going to need an impact wrench of some sort to remove these bolts?

I am at a loss and on hold.

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
Galaxymech said:
Okay, I installed my Volant CAI the other day and the next day I went to install the ram that I purchased as well. Now when I went to try to remove the bolts for the tow hook, I came to a screaching halt. For some reason or other, the bolts seem to be welded in place. I tried everything I could with regular tools to try to remove it like using a box wrench and a hammer to try to tap it out and just put all my strength into it. Mind you I'm not a small guy and usually can remove most nuts and bolts as long as they're not torqued a ridiculous amount. Is that the case here though with my tow hook bolts? Am I going to need an impact wrench of some sort to remove these bolts?

I am at a lose and on hold.
They are tight but not that tight.

Penetrating oil? Breaker bar? Heat?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Try pb blaster that is what i used and they came right off. I sprayed them down and let them sit for a couple of minutes and they came right off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
at work i use LPS oil or knocker loose. you have to put some lube on the bolts first....nissan puts thread locker on most all there bolts...gotta love it....put it on all my hitch bolts when i added a hitch...helps keep it on my truck...:boxing:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I also had to use PB Blaster, it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts