Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Volant CAI about two weeks ago. Install was pretty simple except for the stupid cap thing that goes on the bottom of the airbox. Nowhere in the directions did it say to put it on. Other than having to loosen the box from the fender to wiggle the cap on, everything else was a breeze.
After driving with it for about two weeks, I've noticed:
1.) At normal driving speeds it sounds like the stock airbox
2.) When I jump on the gas, it gets pretty loud
3.) Seems like accelerating from slow speeds (20-30 mph) is nice and punchy
4.) I'm wasting too much gas playing around with this damn thing:D

Anyone else notice these things?

·
Registered
249 Posts
1) Yep...but I have the Helix TBS too, so mine whistles at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle (LOUDLY!)
2) Yep...*REAL* loud - alot like a double pumper 4bbl carb!!!
3) Agreed...the TBS adds a bit on top of that IMO
4) I can't agree more with you on this statement!
4a) I actually had the chance to keep my foot out of it during a 250 mile freeway drive, and I actually got 12.6mpg for the first time ever! - Now, not to say that I wasn't getting 12.6 before, I have no idea - because I never could keep my foot out of it!
At least it's not as bad on gas as my '74 'Vette...it's built up *alot* and runs AvGas (BLUE Aviation Fuel - 130octane) and last I checked, it was at $6.86/gallon - and when you're getting close to 4mpg when you're foot *isnt* into it, it's not very cost effective to pull out of the garage just to humiliate the little 'Stangs or Camaros anymore... :(

Psychlone

·
Registered
58 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
I've noticed the exact same things. If I keep my foot out of it, I can get around 14mpg now.
lol iv had it for about 4 months now and i still cant get my foot out of it, im pullin about 9-10 mpg, and its got the stock tires and wheel with a magnaflow......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts