Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Volant intake from autoanything.com for $247 shipped, which I thought was a good price. I received it yesterday and I started installing it. Not only did it not come with any instructions, but the fitment was absolutely horrible. The quality of the workmanship was very poor as well. Here are some of the pictures that I snapped:

This is the endcap for the bottom if you're not using the scoop, which I wasn't going to. The cap is 3.5 inches, but the opening on the intake box is only 3 inches.

That is supposed to provide a tight seal. With that big gap, I doubt it will make a good seal

I'm going to return the volant intake and buy a Banks intake instead. Volant gets a huge thumbs down from me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
wow I'd definitely send it back.

I bought a Volant Gen3 for my T a few years back and I didn't have the issues you had, If the Banks CAI was available for me as well back then, I'd probably would of bought it. I had to modify the lid to suppress the vibration it put out.

Sorry your day was ruined.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well the cap has always been a problem and can be resolved with a zip tie and will never be seen. as for the seal i believe the unit came with two seals, perhaps you have the smaller one on in that pic.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had a K&N CAI that had a seal like that. About two inches of that rubber tube seal was hanging off and not firmly attached to the heat shield. The intake was so loud I had to sell it. Do you think it was extra loud because of the loose rubber seal? The piece that was loose was right next to the hole in the fender where the stock air box mounts up. Maybe it vibrated like a vocal chord when air flowed past?

I was not impressed with the workmaship of the K&N CAI.

I bought a nice new Injen CAI and it is the Shizzle. Go buy one from Amazon.com I got mine for 288 dog!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Volant products have never been about fit and finish......and never will be.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still fighting with autoanything.com about the refund. They're the worst company that I've had to deal with. I've even gone so far as to file a complaint with the bbb about their business practices. Stay far far away from that site.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm still fighting with autoanything.com about the refund. They're the worst company that I've had to deal with. I've even gone so far as to file a complaint with the bbb about their business practices. Stay far far away from that site.
That is why I order everything from the manufacturer, I avoid the middle man any way possible. I hope you will be able to work things out and get your money back.

·
Registered
682 Posts
thats why i got rid of my volant and put on am AEM Bruteforce.....10x better

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn for that kinda money I would be pissed as hell to get something where I have to attach it with a hose clamp and add some more of the gasket thing. I payed just slightly more than that for my Injen, and it went on like a dream, not to mention top-notch performance and good looks for people that like to show off under their hood.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, but when it all came together, it sealed okay. Only thing was the cap. I already had the scoop, but was debating on sending it back. I decided to just slap it on and be done with it. Oh yeah, my kit didn't come with the 4" hoses so that was an easy issue. Overall, I'm happy with it. The gain in performance was enough to make me not care so much about the little things. But I'm always looking at other stuff. How much for the Nismo?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I received my money back from Autoanything.com...

I'm pretty sure the next intake I will try will be Banks. Streetsideauto.com has it for $360 shipped.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually ended up order the intake from Banks directly. I received it yesterday and I installed it:

The fitment is excellent. I love the sound that it makes and the butt dyno is happy is as well.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
^^looks awesome and a toy I will change out at a later date.

I have the Gen 1 Volant with no cap but thanks to 37L1, I have the scoop!

I did not put the seal around the ring like you're supposed to do.

I put it around the inner fender well because with the flexing that was happening, I didn't want the seal to keep on being hit and beaten.

Worked great as a mini mod for me.

And I then lined the intake compartment with heat shield to cut down on resonance and replaced the old screws with better ones.

The current versions have a better fitment because the tops recess into the intake box rather than mine which sits atop it...

Glad autoanything took it back and you're getting something else you want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts