Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, well i finally got my Vortech supercharger kit in the mail at my shop. we still have a few things to do but my Titan is my daily driver so i had to get it drivable so i could make it home. WOW what a trip home that was.

i will have my dyno graphs, pictures and comments later on today. i also have great pricing at Vortech so i will setting up a really good group buy here soon for everyone.

i have dealt with Vortech many many times with other platforms and they have always been top notch with everything. this package they have here is very complete and the blower is actually on the quiet, respectable side when it comes to noise. its just enough to know to get the hell out of my way but not annoying in line at mcdonalds. ;)

pm me with any questions if you have them. the kit uses a very nice air/water intercooler, the piping from the blower to the throttle body is a very very short 2-3 feet.

thanks everyone. here was our baseline on my dynojet yesterday, then we unbolted the exhaust and just ran open cats, i couldnt believe how much power it picked up alone just doing that. we will post dyno for the vortech later on tonight. my dyno had some issues picking up the rpm yesterday, i ordered a new rpm pickup to try a different setup on the titans, so my dyno chart is based off speed not rpm :) damn nissans!!! it used to do the same on the Z/G35s we work on every day, but we figured out what they like...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
So you're telling us that the stock Titan without the exhaust is putting down 15+HP more than with it? And 20+TQ? Hmmmmmm.... That's interesting, although not a complete shock, I suppose.

Definitely post up the dyno with the S/C! That is gonna be cool! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those were back to back runs, its fun having a dyno...

also the sound is just CRAZY!! it sounds like a cammed LS1, maybe i will make a short video of how it sounds. i had so many people ask me what exhaust i had on it when i drove it around yesterday with open cats... hehehe

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sweet - can't wait to see the "charged" data!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sweet....get that mother blowing! Good stock numbers too! I was 275/331. Dang this is exciting.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
roy365 said:
When you mention the piping, does that come with the kit or did you mean it has to fab'd up? I though you mentioned the tuning is done with inconjunction with Unichip? Is that still correct?
Yes piping comes with kit. Yes unichip PnP tunes it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Also that dip between 80-90 drives me crazy! WE NEED CAMS and INTAKE.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No, you need a better tuning solution. All that and MUCH more can be done with the correct tuning templates. Jump over to the Sniper forum i posted up for you guys and let them know you are just waiting. If you think you are happy now, you ain't seen nothing yet. You'll be able to throw down another 50 hp and tq with better tuning software with no problems. TUNING is the key. I been running 14# boost for the last 3 years without any issues at all. It's all in the tune. Grats on the new huffer. There is nothing like being blown.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
fepony said:
No, you need a better tuning solution. All that and MUCH more can be done with the correct tuning templates. Jump over to the Sniper forum i posted up for you guys and let them know you are just waiting. If you think you are happy now, you ain't seen nothing yet. You'll be able to throw down another 50 hp and tq with better tuning software with no problems. TUNING is the key. I been running 14# boost for the last 3 years without any issues at all. It's all in the tune. Grats on the new huffer. There is nothing like being blown.
lol rb's titan was the FIRST "TUNED TITAN" he's a tuning mofo if thier ever was one, our cams and intake manifold are restricting hp up top cams are much too small for our motor as well as the runners are too long for top end hp..

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
fepony said:
Love the guys with other MFR vehicles that get on here to see whats up with the Titans. LMAO!!!! I dont think i have ever wanted to go on another vehicle's forum to see whats going on. Guess i am so happy with my Titan that the "others" dont even interest me. But.......yes I think everyone agrees that tuning a vehicle is a huge part. Just throwing stuff on that says it will do something doesnt mean it will. Kindof a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Audible Mayhem said:
i will have my dyno graphs, pictures and comments later on today. i also have great pricing at Vortech so i will setting up a really good group buy here soon for everyone.

Ok it's almost midday...WAKE UP JEREMY...WAAAAAAKKKKKE UP! ...lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
roy365 said:
Love the guys with other MFR vehicles that get on here to see whats up with the Titans. LMAO!!!! I dont think i have ever wanted to go on another vehicle's forum to see whats going on. Guess i am so happy with my Titan that the "others" dont even interest me. But.......yes I think everyone agrees that tuning a vehicle is a huge part. Just throwing stuff on that says it will do something doesnt mean it will. Kindof a no brainer.
Now, now...when i say that there is NO real "tuners" out there, i mean like Sniper/SCT/Predator for Titans. This giving you TOTAL control of ALL phases of your tune. I'm sure he is as good as he can be with what he has to work with. But nothing, compares to a great tuning template and a dyno. That's when you see REALTIME data and have the ability to change ANY parameter you need. There is nothing that compares.

You never check out the "competition"? I have friends on many forums. :rancher:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
fepony said:
That's when you see REALTIME data and have the ability to change ANY parameter you need. There is nothing that compares.
It's here already just not for public use yet. I'd still like to see the Sniper, Cobb anyone come out with full REALTIME for end user street/dyno tuning to see how they compare to whats to be out eventually.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hey Audible - when you get a chance PM me. I can get rid of that DBW and 70mm if your willing to go 90mm and tune it.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
In a perfect world i would be able to take my truck and have it "tuned" while on a dyno. All the aftermarket ECU products pretty much think they have squeezed out all they can from the N/A motors. And to an extent that is true. The only factors they cant control are environmental usually. My Unichip has "tuners" all over the USA.......most say they probably cant get any more out of it than provided. But if you are going forced induction, then it changes everything. I think a tune is critical for forced inductions or nitrous applications. Uprev will examine the data logged and tweak accordingly.

I understand having friends on sites.....but alot just come/go to see what new goodies are available or who's running what times. Which is smart....never pull up to a light and "assume" that vehicle is stock and you can beat it!!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
tuning on this motor is CRUCIAL even NA as the dang gas pumps here have quality issues with all grades of fuel. There are times I run 93 and detonate NA given right conditions and poor fuel.

Hey Pony....you run pump gas 93octane? How are you monitoring your knock?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
This is great news!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
RB's Titan said:
tuning on this motor is CRUCIAL even NA as the dang gas pumps here have quality issues with all grades of fuel. There are times I run 93 and detonate NA given right conditions and poor fuel.

Hey Pony....you run pump gas 93octane? How are you monitoring your knock?
Yep 93 octane pump gas. There is no need to monitor for knock. My dyno tune is very conservative with a 11.7/1 a/f ratio straight across the rpm and my timing only hits 16* for a short time. That's the kind of control i'm talking about. There will still be limitations such as maf, injector size, fuel delivery (pumps and rails), but all those can probably be upgraded with current aftermarket stuff from manufacturers of "L" parts. Again, if you can control all the parameters, you can tune for anything.

Example... when i get my new builtblock and whipple set-up, i should be in the 600/700 club. With forged internals and a blower the only thing that limits you is your ability to tune it correctly and not blow it up. If there was someone out there making that kind of hp, they would start making tranny parts to support it and other parts would follow.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts