Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may or may not be old news but.....I was at the dealer today and have a copy of the 08 Titan. It advertizes the Endurance now has Variable Valve Timing....and it's not the cheap, one sided variety either. It's Nissans CVTCS system (Continiously Variable Valve Timing Control) found in their VQ series engines. Their Nissan guy just happened to be there today and confirmed that yes....the CVTCS system was added in the 2007 model year which came out in 2006. The 2008 Titan has the same 317HP and 385LB FT of torque as the 07 model. He had had no idea though why it only added 12 HP over the 04-06s.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yeah, I thought the 07 had some kind of VVT, as there is that little boost feeling when getting on the gas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think Nissan is holding back it's HP numbers so in 2008 (I think), when everyone has to report WHEEL (not crank) hp, they're numbers won't change too much, IE 291 a la Edmunds.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
baseballfanz said:
The 07 VVT is on the intake side only. I'm not sure if there's any change or jsut different marketing ploy, but if they have the CVTCS system, it's gotta bump the HP some.
According to the Nissan rep, it's Nissans CVTCS system and is on the intake side only, and is continously variable. He also claims the 07s and 08s are the same. In any event, at least we now know for sure that it does have VVT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts