Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will probably get me no where but you never know... Need to sell a VW 2004 Touareg V6 with pretty much every option... Know anyone who's looking for a luxury SUV?

I'm looking to get payoff which is much lower than what it's worth... 24K
Has less than 27K miles and is used as a weekend driver by my mother-in-law. All maintained by the dealer.

Let me know...

Here is a list of options as well as some pictures!

Thanks Titan community for helping me sell this SUV... P.S. reason for sale is due to debt problems.

Seller's Comments
2004 VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG, 28,600 mi, Dealer maintained, All options minus nav. Immaculate, below KBB, $24K, 972-822-3111
Installed Features
Driver Air Bag
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
AM/FM Radio
Cruise Control
Compact Disc Player
Passenger Air Bag
Rear Window Defroster
Leather Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Power Steering
Side Air Bag
Sunroof/Moonroof
Tinted Glass
Tilt Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
I heard that a magazine was holding a raffle and first place got to drive a Toureg for 6 months.

Second place has to drive one for a year! :lol:

Just kidding, I hope..... don't know all that much about these things except that they are ridiculously overpriced for a VW. Similar logic to why the Phaeton tanked. What's your assessment of it? Decent? Or over-rated?

Oh, and good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blackbeauty said:
I heard that a magazine was holding a raffle and first place got to drive a Toureg for 6 months.

Second place has to drive one for a year! :lol:

Just kidding, I hope..... don't know all that much about these things except that they are ridiculously overpriced for a VW. Similar logic to why the Phaeton tanked. What's your assessment of it? Decent? Or over-rated?

Oh, and good luck with the sale!
I would say that sticker is way over priced which is why kbb.com had the resale value so low for a luxury SUV, but since I've cut another 3 grand off of kbb's value I'd say it's a great deal... I certainly wouldn't buy one new tho... purely because of price.

As far as performance and overall reliablity... it's great... This thing can tow 7,000 pounds with it's V6 and has 4 piston front brakes... It's has some cool features and the interior is pretty sweet...

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Is it correct to assume they share some mechanicals with the Porsche Cayenne?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blavis said:
It's pretty much the same vehicle. And it's $$$ to maintain. Gotta love that.
They are pretty much the same vehicle. And like all European vehicles they do cost more to maintain... Lucky she, being the owner, has all the service records and has been completely maintained all it's life. Trust me this thing has been WELL taken care of.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys... I count them as free bumps! Keep em coming =)
-Ryan

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Well fuggedaboutit! No more free bumps for those dang furrin vehickles!

Oops..............

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you tried CarMax? Years ago when I turned in my Nissan pickup (before it was called a Frontier) from a SmartBuy program, I had to pay my deductible PLUS the dealer wanted me to pay extra for normal wear and tear items. I took the truck to CarMax and within 30 minutes, got a quote that was $500 more than the the dealer. I signed the paperwork, CarMax paid off the SmartBuy lease, and cut me a check for $50. No deductible to pay and actually pocketed some money! All done under 2 hours and zero hassle. I probably could have sold it privately for a couple hundred bucks more but definitely would have been a lot more hassle. Seeing how you are selling well below kbb value and it is 3 yrs old, you might get more going to CarMax with zero hassle.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chung_chang said:
Have you tried CarMax? Years ago when I turned in my Nissan pickup (before it was called a Frontier) from a SmartBuy program, I had to pay my deductible PLUS the dealer wanted me to pay extra for normal wear and tear items. I took the truck to CarMax and within 30 minutes, got a quote that was $500 more than the the dealer. I signed the paperwork, CarMax paid off the SmartBuy lease, and cut me a check for $50. No deductible to pay and actually pocketed some money! All done under 2 hours and zero hassle. I probably could have sold it privately for a couple hundred bucks more but definitely would have been a lot more hassle. Seeing how you are selling well below kbb value and it is 3 yrs old, you might get more going to CarMax with zero hassle.
Yea I've been considering that idea... I guess it's worth the shot... Thanks man!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My friend has one with the v8 and it is nothing short of badass. Can you believe it gets about the same mpg as my old cc offroad titan! That is the only complaint he has had with it since it baught it new it 2004. His sticked a hair under 50,000

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eduardomi said:
Very Nice car... 2months before I'd have bought it, I bought a titan, but a Touareg was on my list...and White is a nice color as well... good luck bro 24k is a good deal....

:D
Thanks man! I'm hoping to find a buyer soon! I'm probably going to head up to carmax tonight!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd love to be able to buy this for my wife, but $$$ is tight right now (especially after the VKPro). The car looks beautiful. Good luck with the sale!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts