Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LE Off Road 4X4. I am running 275/60/20's Cooper Discoverers. I am about to throw on the Cooper Zeons same size. I want to level out the truck or maybe do a mini lift. Keep in mind I may want to go bigger on tires in the future. I tow a car hauler loaded with a mower and landscape equipment in the summer. I have read through some of the other posts and can't decide what to do. I only want to do this once and be happy with it. What is the difference between a 2.5" leveling kit and a 3" mini lift? Do I need anything in the rear? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
With your being a 4x4, you could only do the 2" level kit. What you may consider is doing the 2" level kit with a 3" body lift.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
just level it. mini lift puts a block in the back end. IMO dont do a body lift too. to level it you can get spacers or leveling shocks such as bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
NCD has the 2" leveling kit for $72. Regardless what you may or may not have heard about em going out of business--its not true. I received my leveling kit yesterday from them!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might just go with the 2" Kit from NCD....cant beat the price for an easy way to get the look. Thoughts?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Might just go with the 2" Kit from NCD....cant beat the price for an easy way to get the look. Thoughts?
Do it! you'll like it, but make sure you get the bumpstops from your autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
eh, no particular reason. It didnt come with em...and i didnt buy any. "If it aint broken, dont fix it" :teeth: any particular benefit of replacing em?

·
Registered
496 Posts
eh, no particular reason. It didnt come with em...and i didnt buy any. "If it aint broken, dont fix it" :teeth: any particular benefit of replacing em?
You can damage your shocks if you don't replace the bump stops with the larger ones when you install the leveling kit. They also keep you from bottoming out as rough. For $10- $15 a set, I would just buy and install them to be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts