Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my first Titan was an '05 and the second week i had it a jack-boy side swiped me (i guess trying to get in my lane)

he smashed my right rear body panel from the tail light to the cab , rear door (king cab) front door and mirror
all were damaged pretty badly
he slamed on his breaks and stopped in the road (no one was around but us two) it was at night...so how could this moron not see my lights next to him, i mean on the road right?

well,
i immediatly i pulled over in an empty parking lot
and he just floored it and took off

i wasn't gonna chase him (even though i would have been able to catch up to him easy , he had a Dodge mini van) as i am an adult and wont put other peoples lives in danger to catch a hit and run motorist

my guess is he was an illegal (and we have alot of them here)
or he was just some drunk anus breath who wanted to get away before i called the cops

it cost mt a $250 deductable

and the insurance $3200

so recently i got a '07 Titan 4x4
i got 3500 miles, it still smells new...
i was cruising down the road behind a car, doing 70 about 3 1/2 car lenghts away in slightly heavy traffic

everyone was driving well, no speeders or eratic driving

then the car in front of my started to shake and it wobbled
it was hitting a large rubber tread from a f'ing 18 wheeler

it shurly did alot of front end damage and under body damage too as it was a low Oldsmobile with ground effects

well it came out from the rear of the poor car and i couldnt move right or left just slow down, but not too much cause i didnt want to cause an accident
i hit it and it went under my truck, but left a so-so dent in the chrome bumper just above the right tow hook and a very little scratch to the plastic on the right of the bumper near the fog light

got to say i HATE 18 wheeler companies who are too cheap to replace thier trailer tires, but would rather wait till the shread and damage other people vehicles
to say "i guess we need new tires"

f'ing scum!

well on mothers day i took my mother out to eat and a loser hit my truck with their door, it was a crappy Chevy Suburban
i parked at the end of the lot and it was a small town (like 11,000 people)
so there wans't more than 30 cars there and there must have been 50+ parking spaces

but he had to park next to a better vehicle so as to look like he is in my class

i wanted to go back in the place and drag them out so they could make amens (give my cash or bite my ***)

but i had my mom with me, this happens to people who drive better and are more concerned about respecting others property then
others are about us...

if i was a druken illegal i would love life and not have to work and still get to play with my PS3 all day

kinda long huh? sorry had to rant

·
Registered
379 Posts
wifes goes in early to work two weeks ago to run statements off. parks in the hospital parking garage (2006 chevy impala ss black in color). next day we get ready to go on a field trip to the zoo with sons kindergarden class. i go to get in thinking to myself didn't know this car had pin striping on it. well someone ran there key from the front of the drivers door all the way to the back of the tail lights. we have a $50 ded on ins. it cost them $878 + 4 days of us driving a rental car. would love to have caught the chicken$hit that did that.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
That is why I take up two parking spots ALWAYS in the back of the parking lot somewhere. I would rather walk then get a dent in the truck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helinut1970 said:
That is why I take up two parking spots ALWAYS in the back of the parking lot somewhere. I would rather walk then get a dent in the truck.
only problem is that gives morons more incentive to scratch your truck/car because you have something better than them

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got one too just so you know you're not alone:

Purchased my '07 KC SE & had the windows tinted @ 200 miles; not only did the idiot not match the tint he scratched my door, the glossy part next to the window.

With 468 miles on the odo I took my truck into the dealer for a minor repair & they scratched up the door; had to keep it 3 days to fix it.

It's H%^& owning a new vehicle; almost not worth it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
WOW.....
feel for ya tho. i know how u feel. dunno why, but things happen like that sometimes.
in one months time, my Titan had:

1) stripped oil filter bolt/oil cooler replaced at a cost of $600+, plus 5 days w/out my Titan.... :(
2) an illegal, w/ NO license, NO insurance, NO hablar backs up into my left front flare/bumper..... :(
3) so i guess it was my turn now. in the driveway i almost took my driver's side door off by hitting a tree. door was damaged, but still worked..... :/

anywaz, its at the shop right now, being repaired. hopefully it'll be ready within a week. im driving what seems to be a VERY small Chrysler PT Cruiser right now courtesy of my insurance and Enterprise.

hopefully thats the end of bad luck for you and me....................

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Just smash up your truck yourself... I find parking garages work well.

Life is too short...trucks were built for a war wound or two....wooooooooohoooooo

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nothin wrong with smashing it yourself but no one has permission or the right to smash my property
THAT is the problem

·
Registered
179 Posts
I swear people are f'ing ignorant. When I was 18, I worked for Costco as a lot boy pushing carts. I used to have a nice S10 all done up, took good care of it all that. I would park way in the back, take up 2-3 spots so nobody would park next to me. I figured "I'm in the back, nobody wants to park back here - My truck is safe, this is just precaution". Well, one day I'm out pushin carts and my coworker is gathering up the big orange flat-bed carts and sees a real nice truck, lowered, wheels, tint, etc - parked sideways, taking multiple spots. He rammed the flatbed into the side of the truck, "**** him! I hate people that park like that! Thinking he's better than everybody else". The truck was in the back corner, nobody parked there except when the tire shop overflowed (In Victorville the tire shop is dis-connected and in the far left front corner of the lot, with the gas station) or on a holiday weekend when the store is extremely overcrowded. I told him I parked my truck like that too, and people do it cause they dont want idiots slammin their doors into the side of their truck! I also pointed out that there was plenty of room around where the guy parked, and it wasn't like he was screwin up the parking lot for anybody else.. I lost respect for that guy, thought he was a decent person turns out he's just another idiot.

Moral of the story, Whether people are ignorant or assholes, your gonna get dents in your truck. The harder you work at keepin them off, the more your gonna get. I just park normal with my Titan. If anybody sees me drivin, I think they have an idea that if I catch them dentin my truck I'm gonna run their asses down! I dont know about anybody else, but I make damn sure my doors dont slam into somebody elses car - Especially in high-winds. A few times they've gotten away from me and I checked, Luckily no damage! Phew, I dont want to have to leave a note "Hey sorry, let me bust out my check book!" Ofcourse that was at the back-end of the spring and it barely hit the other car.

Mike

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Truckers retread almost all their tires. It's the retreads you hit on the road.

I hit one with my SVT Focus and ripped the air dam off. It was replaced for free by the dealer so I got lucky but I agree, there are far too many tire pieces on the road because of careless truck companies.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if the DOT/EPA bans retreads. They should ban them. They are dangerous and create alot of unnecessary waste on the roads.:domohit:

·
Premium Member
73,321 Posts
I serviced my dad's fleet for the better part of my childhood. ALL his tires were retreads. It's just not cost effective to buy new tires every go round, and retreads aren't as bad as you may think, if they were they'd be banned. A lot of truckers are on a tight budget, specifially owner operators.. think about it, his trucks run 1,000,000 miles/year... it's bad enough covering healthcare, let alone tires!

dump truck drivers with triaxles typically will run there worn out tires on the lift axle... they always fail.

beware of road gators...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Retreads are a fraction of the cost of a new tire. And, if done correctly, should out last a new tire. The last set of retreads I saw a bill for was for a 12R22.50 tire @ $56 a tire. New tires in that size are over $300 per tire.

The reason there are so many re treads on the roads are because 1) they weren't built right in the first place or 2) driver error. Most truckers know they are only good for 55 mph. After that they heat up and the tread starts seperating from the case.

Oh, and most shipping companies are the ones paying for the trailer tires, not the trucker. The shipping company usually already has the trailer loaded and waiting for pick up. And with them footing the bill for the tires, guess which ones they buy? The cheapest they can get. Most seasoned truck drivers will spring the extra cash for new tires on their personal rig, re treads do A LOT of body damage when they come apart! I have first hand experience with that one!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yellomantis said:
Retreads are a fraction of the cost of a new tire. And, if done correctly, should out last a new tire. The last set of retreads I saw a bill for was for a 12R22.50 tire @ $56 a tire. New tires in that size are over $300 per tire.

The reason there are so many re treads on the roads are because 1) they weren't built right in the first place or 2) driver error. Most truckers know they are only good for 55 mph. After that they heat up and the tread starts seperating from the case.

uuuuh... you say in your first paragraph that retreads will outlast new tires then you say that if the truck goes over 55mph they separate and cause the problems that we see everywhere!

If Retreads were so good then why are they NOT ALLOWED on emergency vehicles????

·
Premium Member
73,321 Posts
cneary812 said:
uuuuh... you say in your first paragraph that retreads will outlast new tires then you say that if the truck goes over 55mph they separate and cause the problems that we see everywhere!

If Retreads were so good then why are they NOT ALLOWED on emergency vehicles????
new tires are the future retreaders. the tire company evaluates each tire prior to retreading, they also do an inspection before sending them out of the plant.

there are also tube type and tubeless tires, we ran tubless, man they are fun to fill with air! air chuck on valve stem, starter fluid, match, boom, tire sealed.

i've never heard that retreads weren't allowed on EV's... it could be a government regulation or something.

retreads will not fail over 55 mph.. although after 8 hours with 80k on your rig @ 75 m.p.h across the u.s., the will be f'in hot

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
cneary812 said:

The re treads will outlast mileage wise as long as the speed is kept under the max reccomended. They use a harder rubber compound on the tread.

They are not used on emergency vehicles because they go over 55 mph on a regular basis and the re treads are not rated for speeds above 55 mph. Also, they need a more dependable tire that they don't have to worry about the tread not vulcanizing to the case properly and coming apart.

·
Super Moderator
34,532 Posts
Yellomantis said:
The re treads will outlast mileage wise as long as the speed is kept under the max reccomended. They use a harder rubber compound on the tread.

They are not used on emergency vehicles because they go over 55 mph on a regular basis and the re treads are not rated for speeds above 55 mph. Also, they need a more dependable tire that they don't have to worry about the tread not vulcanizing to the case properly and coming apart.
The only time I see truckers going 55 is because of traffic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
adavis99 said:
Just smash up your truck yourself... I find parking garages work well.

Life is too short...trucks were built for a war wound or two....wooooooooohoooooo
parked cars work well too...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts