Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 CC LE w/out Nav. I want the OEM Nav.unit. Is it possible to buy it from Nissan and have them install it?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
nope nissan will tell you no.. they will install aftermarket for you but I was at the dealer talking to the parts guy and he had got a phone call with your question.. all i remember is they wont do it

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is alot more to it than just add the nav. It ties in to the engine control computer with fuel mileage, oil change, radio controls, tire pressure and the DVD. I when thru the same thing when I bought and was told by the dumb *** salesman that they would add it later. No way. I kept looking and found a truck with it and love it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I don't like your answers...LOL

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
OK_TITAN said:
Well I don't like your answers...LOL
You won't like my answr either.:D
The Titan does not come prewire for nav if you dont' have it. To get the parts alo't without labor it will run you over $5K, the screen alone cost about $2200.
Best thing to do is look into the after market nav.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK then, can you buy the plastic piece the Nav sits in and then mount an aftermarket Nav in it in the same place the factory Nav would sit?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I love my $300 Tom Tom... The coolest part so far was using it to navigate my way around Las Vegas... in a rental car while my Titan sat at the Portland airport.

I know factory nav is cool but one huge limiation is that you can't take it with you.

·
Premium Member
58,707 Posts
mtofell said:
I love my $300 Tom Tom... The coolest part so far was using it to navigate my way around Las Vegas... in a rental car while my Titan sat at the Portland airport.

I know factory nav is cool but one huge limiation is that you can't take it with you.
I agree. I have a Tom Tom and being able to move it from one vehicle to another is great. Especially if you travel a lot and use rental cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK_TITAN said:
OK then, can you buy the plastic piece the Nav sits in and then mount an aftermarket Nav in it in the same place the factory Nav would sit?
If you have your heart set on a factory like Nav system, then i would take
my truck to a high end stereo shop and see what they have in stock. If you order something they dont have let them install it. Most of these places can make it look like factory.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Buy a Clarion N.I.C.E. and mount it into the factory navigation housing. I did it and it look like a factory unit. It has navigation, MP3, backup camera and Sirius. I love it and it was not hard to install.

I purchased my Clarion N.I.C.E. from Ebay for about $600 (new).

·
Registered
426 Posts
PTitan said:
Buy a Clarion N.I.C.E. and mount it into the factory navigation housing. I did it and it look like a factory unit. It has navigation, MP3, backup camera and Sirius. I love it and it was not hard to install.

I purchased my Clarion N.I.C.E. from Ebay for about $600 (new).
what size screen did u get? where did u mount. i like that idea. id love to get one with bluetooth. do u have pics so we can see?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd really appreciate some pics as well. Is it a problem that mine doesn't have the housing where the factory Nav would go? Can I order a Nav housing radio plate from the dealership without any issues?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
kronos2 said:
what size screen did u get? where did u mount. i like that idea. id love to get one with bluetooth. do u have pics so we can see?
Here's some pictures of a Clarion NICE install in the factory nav. bezel. Most 7" screen will fit in the factory nav bezel with some minor trimming.
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2744&

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the Nissan original equipment Navigation system do anything the others don't? e.g. I read in the owner's manual that you can't reset your tire pressure monitoring sensors unless you have the factory installed Navigation system. Otherwise, I have to take it back to the dealer every time I have my tires rotated?

·
Registered
257 Posts
NBrown said:
Does the Nissan original equipment Navigation system do anything the others don't? e.g. I read in the owner's manual that you can't reset your tire pressure monitoring sensors unless you have the factory installed Navigation system. Otherwise, I have to take it back to the dealer every time I have my tires rotated?
the tire monitoring system sees the raise in pressure when you fill, then when you start driving around (30-40mph) it will reset itself. not sure on tire rotations tho, i rotated my tires at work and my tire light never went off.

·
Registered
300 Posts
OK_Titan, I agree with those that say go with a an aftermarket system. I have a '07 Titan with the Rockford system w/out Nav with the intent of doing an after market Nav system later. I am really partial to the Pioneer AVIC-Z2. You can do a search on the forum here and find a lot of good post about the unit and pictures of installs. Good luck with what ever you decide and make sure to post up some pictures for us to see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts