Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got a 2008 Titan SE with what looks to be the base factory CD/radio system (see picture). I've got a couple of after market amps from a system I had installed in another vehicle that I pulled out before selling it that I would like to install in the Titan. I realize that I will probably need to upgrade the speakers as well, but I can do that later. So I guess the most important first question is does this deck have pre-outs? If not, I guess I'll have to get another deck before I can do anything, yes?

Thanks for your time and responses! :)
Titan Deck.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
It does not have line level outputs, only speaker level. There are devices available to convert speaker level to line outs which the external amps normall require (some amps will accept speaker levels at its inputs).

I would suggest getting a new HeadUnit to replace the stock one. You will have more features and enough volume to drive the speakers unless you are someone who wants door rattling audio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was thinking a new head unit would be in order. I already own the amps so I might as well utilize them and the new head unit will come with the line level outputs so I'll be good to go there. Just a matter of mounting and wiring up. Thanks again for your input!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
you're better off swapping the head unit out. like you i have a full system...Focal K2 Power components front and rear and 2 12" Kickers under the back seat all running off 2 amps. with a new DSP head unit you'll have more options when it comes to tuning your audio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts