Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i need a little help. i want my truck to run maybe high 13's or low 14's and i need some advice on want to get to help me do that. i dont know much about motors and stuff like that. my brother has a high 10 second car but he told me to come to yall about the truck and that yall would be able to help me out more since yall are dealing with the same thing. so some advice would really be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
04ntitan said:
alright guys i need a little help. i want my truck to run maybe high 13's or low 14's and i need some advice on want to get to help me do that. i dont know much about motors and stuff like that. my brother has a high 10 second car but he told me to come to yall about the truck and that yall would be able to help me out more since yall are dealing with the same thing. so some advice would really be appreciated. thanks

just copy my mods and you should definatly be in the low 13's with n20 and high 13's without..
if u ever want to see 13's uprev tune, jba exhaust, stillen headers, jwt cams are all a MUST.. wont happen otherwise..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yup, just copy Rossi's mods, or Toomny.

TruTrac
JWT Cams
Stillen headers
JBA Exhaust
UpRev Tune
S&B, Volant, Injen, or AEM Intake

13 second truck...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Get you a bugatti veyron or some fast car like that if you want to be in the 13's lol. But Id rather put alot of mods on a titan to do that.may save a few hundred thousand or so :jester:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Dom249 said:
Get you a bugatti veyron or some fast car like that if you want to be in the 13's lol. But Id rather put alot of mods on a titan to do that.may save a few hundred thousand or so :jester:
buggatti veyron has i think 4 turbos, it would be like the 10s! lol

plus its like 2 mil too!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I'm having pretty good luck with my mods right now and we'll se what she will do when the temperatures bottom out in Florida

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I can run low 14's but haven't managed 13's yet.

I've ran a best of 14.234 right now. This winter I'll run a little lower with my current set up...but doubt I'll hit 13's.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Warp09 said:
buggatti veyron has i think 4 turbos, it would be like the 10s! lol

plus its like 2 mil too!
Ok then let me reword that. save a few mill just buying the mods to make a titan run in the low 14's into the 13's lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'd ask you how you want to go into the 13's? if it's on motor, $6000 or so might get you there...... no one knows because no one has done it. on the other hand you could dump around 2300 and run nitrous and probably break into the 13's... just depends on how you want to get there.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
RKsTITAN23 said:
i'd ask you how you want to go into the 13's? if it's on motor, $6000 or so might get you there...... no one knows because no one has done it. on the other hand you could dump around 2300 and run nitrous and probably break into the 13's... just depends on how you want to get there.

2 more days and like 22more hours.. my truck will easily be into the 13's on the motor alone..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
RKsTITAN23 said:
i'd hope so, do you want to guess what it's going to run?
im guesstimating about a [email protected] to 98mph with the estimated 1400ft Da that will be here on fri night weather is gonna be low 80's to mid 70's with low humidity and low dewpoint..

when i can finally run it in 45-50 f weather i'd bet it'd drop another tenth easily maybe a low 13.7 on the motor

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Just buy an RC Tundra and you'll be there. I'm sorry to say that, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
sudden urge said:
Just buy an RC Tundra and you'll be there. I'm sorry to say that, but that's the way it is.
I guess you could do that but you could also sell the Titan and get a used 1990's Dodge Dakota with a V6 and hop it up to run low 14's, saw one at the track this weekend and I'll bet with a shot of NOS that truck could eeek out a high 13. Saw a 4 banger Frontier with a turbo and NOS running 14.5's at the track too. There is always a different way to go faster in a truck and a used Lightning would get you there the quickest. With my mods now, a PGM and some NOS, I'll be running with those guys too. He did ask about his Titan and the way to make this brick quick is CAI, PGM, cams, headers, Cat-back and UpRev. With those mods you are looking at a high 13 second truck NA.

·
Premium Member
58,355 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance but what does a bone stock Titan do the quarter in? Does BT vs Non-BT make a difference?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
07-08 bone stock Titan should run 15.3-15.5, 04-06 15.4-15.7. Rear gearing doesn't make much difference in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I ran high 13's and low 14's with just 80shot nitrous, Volant, Banks exhaust and trutrac in street trim. Those mods also ran 14.9-15.1 1/4's NA. So if your thrifty some of these parts can be had used. However I'd go new Trutrac and Nitrous.

If I were doing it again I'd look at these mods in this order
Exhaust JBA, 07 muffler swap (nismo style)
Intake AEM, Volant, Injen
Headers JBA
Cats
UpRev tune
If BT then JetTech Spring helpers
Trutrac

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
RB's Titan said:
I ran high 13's and low 14's with just 80shot nitrous, Volant, Banks exhaust and trutrac in street trim. Those mods also ran 14.9-15.1 1/4's NA. So if your thrifty some of these parts can be had used. However I'd go new Trutrac and Nitrous.

If I were doing it again I'd look at these mods in this order
Exhaust JBA, 07 muffler swap (nismo style)
Intake AEM, Volant, Injen
Headers JBA
Cats
UpRev tune
If BT then JetTech Spring helpers
Trutrac
What's up with the JBA shorties, no love for the Nismo LT's? lol. I can't imagine having to screw around with the JBA's in the shorty version, do you think it's worth the extra grief welding cats on up in there?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
dawgs77 said:
I can run low 14's but haven't managed 13's yet.

I've ran a best of 14.234 right now. This winter I'll run a little lower with my current set up...but doubt I'll hit 13's.
Rossi,if you doubt 13s what plans do you have if any?As close as you are I know you have something on your mind.Cams?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts